In previous post http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 3&t=103088, I have explain about the first boot of raspberry pi. Now In this post i am going to discuss about how to connect raspberry pi to Laptop/ Computer.
Now very Important Step to configure raspberry pi in laptop/computer.
Now disconnect every connection and do as follow:
1. Connect the raspberry to laptop through Ethernet cable
2. Power on the raspberry Pi by inserting USB cable to it and wait for some time for booting.
3. Now goto Network and Sharing Center and You will see the undefined connection and go to change adapter setting and then open properties of Ethernet and goto properties of IPv4 and change IP to Static 192.168.1.89 and subnet 255.255.255.0 and press ok.
Note: Now You have to connect you Raspberry Pi to your modem for INTERNET
4. Now download a client software Bitvise SSH Client [Link: https://www.bitvise.com/ssh-client-download] and do setting as follows:
- Login tab write HOST IP (Raspberry Pi address) and Port = 22
- Goto Terminal tab of Bitvise SSH Client just enable X11 Forwarding
- You will asked for user and pwd : pi and raspberry respectively
- Now press Login and you enter into raspberry pi terminal
Congrates You have done 60% work for configuring Raspberry Pi.