cyrakuse
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 6:52 am

Farnel Shipping status

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:40 am

Hello,

Is it possible to have news from Fernel like RS done in this forum with the status of the shipping for each order number.
I think we all want to know an estimation of when Farnel will send our Pi.

Thanks in advance ;)

cyrakuse
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:04 am

Some news to my order from Farnel.
Order number ORP041xxx is due to be despatched week commencing 16th July.

mintsource
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 pm
Contact: Website

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:38 am

Mine lastest re-scheduled delivery was supposed to be sometime w/c 02/07/2012 but nothing so far. This morning I tried the online technical support at Farnell which provides which proved pointless:

dan: hi are you able to give me an update on my raspberry pi delivery.. order: ORP007xxx. the last update said: "it will be despatched the week commencing 02/07/2012"

Andrew: Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Raspberry-Pi, unfortunately we are unable to provide up to the minute information through the LTC service. You may able to find more information or the current status of the Raspberry-Pi can be found here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/genera ... s-my-pi-at. If you have an enquiry that is not satisfied by the link above please feel free to contact your local sales team.

dan: thanks for the copy/paste stock response.. page you linked to last updated in april :| you have no way of tracking orders?

Andrew: We've no way of tracking them from here.

User avatar
Salamander
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:21 pm

cyrakuse wrote:Some news to my order from Farnel.
Order number ORP041xxx is due to be despatched week commencing 16th July.
Where did you get that date?. Mine is ORP040xxx and I'm clueless :cry:
¿Are these ORP numbers directly related to the order of shipping?

brainsys
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:37 pm

It will be of no comfort to you that Farnell delivered mine on schedule a couple of weeks ago. They gave a date, then sent another email saying it was delayed but it wasn't.

What surprises me is your order numbers ORP0xxxxx
Mine was 17****** - a completely different format. Ordered 01/04/12.
I am a UK business customer. Could that be the difference? Did I get (unasked for) priority?

mintsource
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 pm
Contact: Website

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:38 pm

I think they are related to the order that they were ordered in seemingly not entirely related to the order they will be shipped in. My order number is around 7000, ordered minutes after they opened the pre-order back in April. It appears to me that some people with much higher order numbers are getting theirs before mine has been shipped so I have no idea how they are managing it.

cyrakuse
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 am

Salamander wrote:
cyrakuse wrote:Some news to my order from Farnel.
Order number ORP041xxx is due to be despatched week commencing 16th July.
Where did you get that date?. Mine is ORP040xxx and I'm clueless :cry:
¿Are these ORP numbers directly related to the order of shipping?
I get that date directly from Farnel.
I've sent them a message and they answer me this date.

User avatar
Salamander
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:04 am

cyrakuse wrote:I get that date directly from Farnel.
I've sent them a message and they answer me this date.
I just mailed them at Sales@farnell.com, but only received a generic and automatically generated answer. Could you tell how did you reach them?

zacura
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 am

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:07 am

mintsource wrote:dan: hi are you able to give me an update on my raspberry pi delivery.. order: ORP007xxx. the last update said: "it will be despatched the week commencing 02/07/2012"
I'm in the same situation, order reference is ORP007xxx and it should have been sent out last week, but I haven't heard any update from Farnell. So I guess I just need to wait and hope that it will be shipped out some day.
Salamander wrote:I just mailed them at Sales@farnell.com, but only received a generic and automatically generated answer. Could you tell how did you reach them?
I mailed sales@farnell.com as well a couple weeks ago (about my credit card details, but that's not relevant) and it took over a week to reply.

User avatar
Salamander
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:16 am

Salamander wrote:
cyrakuse wrote:I get that date directly from Farnel.
I've sent them a message and they answer me this date.
I just mailed them at Sales@farnell.com, but only received a generic and automatically generated answer. Could you tell how did you reach them?
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Some minutes ago I've received a second mail confirming 16/7 as the estimated dispatch date.

As I see it, anyone waiting for their Pi from Farnell/Element14 should ask at sales@farnell.com. It seems that you will receive a first automatic answer and later on someone will answer with the desired estimated date. At least that was my case.

mintsource
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 pm
Contact: Website

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:18 pm

** CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD EXPIRY DATES ETC REASONS WHY IT MIGHT HAVE NOT BEEN AUTHORISED **

Forum member Lukas mentioned yesterday on another thread that their CC was declined but didn't receive any notification from Farnell about this so I called today to track mine and indeed my credit card that I made the order with had expired in June. Helpfully they also didn't seem to inform me that this is a problem and your order gets put in limbo.

I recommend ringing and asking them directly as there could be another authorisation issue blocking your order. (+44 870 1200208) They answer straight away and once processed with a new card said it would be shipped today.. (albeit in a fairly unfriendly manner though).. I can't wait to get this thing and avoid using Farnell for anything again.

zacura
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 am

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 pm

mintsource wrote:I recommend ringing and asking them directly as there could be another authorisation issue blocking your order. (+44 870 1200208) They answer straight away and once processed with a new card said it would be shipped today.. (albeit in a fairly unfriendly manner though).. I can't wait to get this thing and avoid using Farnell for anything again.
Thanks for sharing this. I emailed them earlier because my credit card has changed since I made the order. In the email replay the stated that they will contact me for new credit card details when my Raspberry Pi is ready for shipping. Now when I called Farnell, they told me that my credit card had been declined, but after giving them the new card number they told me that it will ship today.

So, bottom line, it's a good thing to give them a call if you haven't heard anything.

adwen
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:34 pm

mintsource wrote:** CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD EXPIRY DATES ETC REASONS WHY IT MIGHT HAVE NOT BEEN AUTHORISED **

Forum member Lukas mentioned yesterday on another thread that their CC was declined but didn't receive any notification from Farnell about this so I called today to track mine and indeed my credit card that I made the order with had expired in June. Helpfully they also didn't seem to inform me that this is a problem and your order gets put in limbo.

I recommend ringing and asking them directly as there could be another authorisation issue blocking your order. (+44 870 1200208) They answer straight away and once processed with a new card said it would be shipped today.. (albeit in a fairly unfriendly manner though).. I can't wait to get this thing and avoid using Farnell for anything again.
I went and check my credit card records and I see that farnell/element 14 did not charge me. AND INDEED I got a new credit card and they blocked the old one. I'm getting really tired of this. I did not receive any e-mail on the matter (taking money from my credit card).Why would they wait on charging my credit card? What kind of professional company is this? they do not have the decency to simply send me an e-mail and inform me about it ?!?!?! I certainly don't feel like calling and wasting any money on this matter. I've had it! I find these things very bad and shameful for the foundation that are doing their best to make everything go smooth.

Vali
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:57 pm

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:38 pm

What means in Farnell/Element 14's language that an oder is "processing"?
Any experience from OZ mates?
How long does it takes after being charged to delivery?

Thanks to anyone that sheds a bit of light on the matter.
Regards,
Vali.

User avatar
Salamander
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:55 am

Has anyone with ORP04xxxx and shipping date 16/7 received email confirming shipment?
My Pi was supposed to be shipped on Monday, but so far got no confirmation.
On 12/7 my credit card was charged for the Pi. Anybody knows how many time takes on average for the shipment to take place after the CC is charged?

carbro
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:22 am

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:11 pm

My order is ORP0474XX 22-JUN-12 21.32,
at 2012/7/23 I have received the email that the order is shipped and
Friday 2012/7/27 I have received the device. It run very good.
I live in Lombardy, Italy.

troombatzia
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:27 pm

carbro wrote:My order is ORP0474XX 22-JUN-12 21.32,
at 2012/7/23 I have received the email that the order is shipped and
Friday 2012/7/27 I have received the device. It run very good.
I live in Lombardy, Italy.
Hi. Which kind of shipment method did Farnell use to send the Raspberry to Italy? Express courier. signed mail, normal mail? Thanks.
English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

carbro
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:22 am

Re: Farnel Shipping status

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:46 pm

troombatzia wrote:
carbro wrote:My order is ORP0474XX 22-JUN-12 21.32,
at 2012/7/23 I have received the email that the order is shipped and
Friday 2012/7/27 I have received the device. It run very good.
I live in Lombardy, Italy.
Hi. Which kind of shipment method did Farnell use to send the Raspberry to Italy? Express courier. signed mail, normal mail? Thanks.
I have received a "BY AIR MAIL" of "Royal Mail International".

Return to “General discussion”