EEE_student

Connecting 5 inch Touchscreen to RPi Zero

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:08 pm

Hello,

I have a RPi zero w and 5 inch touchscreen. I was wondering if it is possible to connect them without attaching the Pi to the back of the screen and without using the ribbon cable, as I need to connect the Pi to another chip and I need the same pins as the ones that should be attached to the screen.

I would really appreciate it if someone can help asap.

Moonmarch

Re: Connecting 5 inch Touchscreen to RPi Zero

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:25 pm

Do you have a touch screen with GPIO pins that connect to the Raspberry Pi computer? The GPIO pins provide video output, and power to the screen. If the GPIO pins were modified or if the touch screen was modified, the drivers for the screen would need to be modified. I recommend using a touch screen monitor that does not require driver installation. Touch screen monitors that use HDMI connectors do not use GPIO pins, and the touch screen controls will require a USB port. You will be able to use the Full KMS drivers on the Raspberry Pi Zero with monitors that have HDMI connectors.

aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: Connecting 5 inch Touchscreen to RPi Zero

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:58 am

EEE_student wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:08 pm
Hello,

I have a RPi zero w and 5 inch touchscreen. I was wondering if it is possible to connect them without attaching the Pi to the back of the screen and without using the ribbon cable, as I need to connect the Pi to another chip and I need the same pins as the ones that should be attached to the screen.

I would really appreciate it if someone can help asap.
not connecting the Pi to the back of the display and not using a ribbon cable? Sounds like a wireless display though!

Maybe you should provide more details on the display in question first before limiting the ways of connecting it! So, what display do you have, which other chip you're speaking of?

Return to “General discussion”