ahereza1

How to measure voltage using GLT-B Signal Converter - DC 0-300V - Voltage Sensor and Raspberry pi

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:43 am

Hello guys

Am using GLT-B Signal Converter - DC 0-300V - Voltage Sensor in my project

Am also using Raspberry pi 4 and ADS1115 since the sensor is analog and i want to connect it to raspberry pi

Could someone who has used it before or any one else who can help me on how to calibrate this sensor so as to be able to measure the voltage.

Am writing my code in python. but basically i want to know how to calibrate this voltage sensor

Attached is the data sheet
https://www.bbiri-centre.com/product-pa ... age-sensor

thanks guys

ahereza1

Re: How to measure voltage using GLT-B Signal Converter - DC 0-300V - Voltage Sensor and Raspberry pi

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:42 pm

hello

its data sheet looks confusing to me

Could someone help me on how to calibrate it

thanks

pcmanbob

Re: How to measure voltage using GLT-B Signal Converter - DC 0-300V - Voltage Sensor and Raspberry pi

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:47 am

What you linked is not a data sheet its just a product description of its overall possible inputs/outputs,

form such information its going to require a lot of testing and effort to come up with a calibration formula.

why don't you contact the manufacture / supplier and see if they have an actual data sheet explaining all the devices capabilities and calibration .
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

ahereza1

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:36 am

Hello i have contacted the manufacturer and he has told me the output is 0-5V
and the input ranges from 0-300VDc

so how do i calibrate this
thanks

pcmanbob

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:58 am

So the first question is can you ADC accept 0-5V input, most built for the pi can only accept 0-3V.

So you may need a potential divider circuit between the signal converter and the ADC, which will required calibration.

Once you know have sorted this then you need to do some testing to find out what the ADC outputs for 0V and 5V inputs.

Once you have that information then a formula cam be generated to produce a voltage output for a given input.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

Return to “General discussion”