smgaurav

Certificate of Origin , Certificate of Conformity (SABER Certificate) for KSA Saudi Arabia

Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:48 am

Dear Raspberrypi
After the time I used you Raspberry product, I found it to run very well. we need to Certificate of Origin , Certificate of Conformity (SABER Certificate) for KSA Saudi Arabia
- I have a question why You cannot issue Certificate of Origin , Certificate of Conformity (SABER Certificate)
- If your product is good, producing the right quality will have that certificate.
- All products I've used before have. Because they are transparent in production and origin.
Thank..

fruitoftheloom

Re: Certificate of Origin , Certificate of Conformity (SABER Certificate) for KSA Saudi Arabia

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:45 am

smgaurav wrote:
Dear Raspberrypi
After the time I used you Raspberry product, I found it to run very well. we need to Certificate of Origin , Certificate of Conformity (SABER Certificate) for KSA Saudi Arabia
- I have a question why You cannot issue Certificate of Origin , Certificate of Conformity (SABER Certificate)
- If your product is good, producing the right quality will have that certificate.
- All products I've used before have. Because they are transparent in production and origin.
Thank..

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... formity.md

There does not appear to be any Official Re-Sellers in Saudi Arabia or neighbouring countries.
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines: ChromeBox
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32966393971.html
& Stone Desktop Intel CoreDuo circa 2010

Heater

Re: Certificate of Origin , Certificate of Conformity (SABER Certificate) for KSA Saudi Arabia

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:05 am

smgaurav wrote:
...we need to Certificate of Origin , Certificate of Conformity (SABER Certificate) for KSA Saudi Arabia
Who is we?

I presume individuals can order Pi from wherever without any problem. Or not?

Or is "we" a business venture?
smgaurav wrote:
why You cannot issue Certificate of Origin , Certificate of Conformity (SABER Certificate)
Sounds like a great business opportunity. Set "we" up as a Pi importer/official distributer. Get said certs for the Pi and start shipping.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:33 am

https://help.saber.sa/96838-about-saber ... ertificate
What is Saber Certificate?

There is no certificate named Saber Certificate, but Saber platform enables you to issue a product's Certificate of Conformity (COC) and Shipment Conformity Certificate electronically without visiting the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization
There are so many jurisdictions that each have their own regulations or paperwork that it is nearly impossible to register products against them all.
From a practical side, https://help.saber.sa/96843-fees-and/is ... conformity
Is there a fee for issuing a certificate of conformity?

Yes, there is SAR 500 fee for issuing a certificate of conformity, for each model type
OK, SAR 500 is just under £100, but when you multiply it up by a number of products and with every region it's not insignificant.
Actually, https://help.saber.sa/96843-fees-and/ho ... l-be-valid
How much do certificate of conformity and shipment conformity certificate cost, and how long they will be valid?

The certificate of conformity costs SAR 500 valid for one year, and the shipment certificate costs SAR 350 and expires when the shipment is cleared
So it's a yearly fee per product!

If you are serious about wishing to import products, then contact info@raspberrypi.org with details of which products and at what scale, and it can be passed on to the relevant people.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

jamesh

Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:22 pm

smgaurav wrote:
Dear Raspberrypi
Thank..
You may wish to email compliance@raspberrypi.com where we can deal with your query.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Working in the Application's Team.

Return to “General discussion”