arodgers90

Using a raspberry Pi for PC cleaning

Wed May 15, 2019 6:25 pm

I work as a PC Technician. I frequently clean and optimize customer computers. Im wanting to look into using a Raspberry Pi, installed with programs like Malware Bytes, Super Anti Spyware, Hitman and CCleaner, to clean programs. Ideally I could insert the PI and run a script that ran all programs in sequence. How easy/practical/possible would this be?

pcmanbob

Re: Using a raspberry Pi for PC cleaning

Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 am

Hi.

My first suggestion would be to look and see if your selected programs will even run on a pi !

I suspect not as they are mostly aimed at PC's running Windows.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

fruitoftheloom

Thu May 16, 2019 9:10 am

arodgers90 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:25 pm
I work as a PC Technician. I frequently clean and optimize customer computers. Im wanting to look into using a Raspberry Pi, installed with programs like Malware Bytes, Super Anti Spyware, Hitman and CCleaner, to clean programs. Ideally I could insert the PI and run a script that ran all programs in sequence. How easy/practical/possible would this be?

If you do work as a PC Technician, I feel sorry for your Clients, a Raspberry Pi is a Computer in its own right not something you "plug in"
Retired disgracefully.....

Andyroo

Thu May 16, 2019 11:26 am

Theoretically it could be done.

You would have to find a Linux based AV suite that runs on the Pi and connect the PC hard disk via the Pi USB and hope the AV programs understand the Windows programs (disk structure is not an issue).

Should only take 5 / 6 times as long as booting from the manufacturers boot packages via USB on the PC and may trash the program structure :o

If you want to help your customers with the Pi then I would look at setting up a NAS for backups, VPN to access their own network and banks etc from public hotspots, maybe a TOR Router 'black box' for safer surfing and start to teach them to protect themselves and the family. You could even set up a mail filter using SPAM Assassin to sit infant of their ISP mail host.
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

Imperf3kt

Fri May 17, 2019 2:18 am

Can you not do the same by creating a bat file, placing the required files on a USB drive and running the bat from the USB directory?
55:55:44:44:4C
52:4C:52:42:41

fruitoftheloom

Fri May 17, 2019 5:20 am

Raspberry Pi SBC is not the right tool...

https://portableapps.com/about
Retired disgracefully.....

Return to “General discussion”