bonzadog

A Case for RPi

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:43 am

I thought that some of you may be interested in this:

I have found and bought this case - CASE + from retroflag https://www.amazon.co.uk/Retroflag-VERS ... e%2B&psc=1 to be very useful.
The case has an ON/OFF switch and a push switch on the case!

The case looks good and I will be soon releasing my project for industrial usage.

Downers: No provision yet for Camera and GPIO access - I will get a friend to cut that in the case - he says that is not a problem.
but may well offer that in future.

For some reason, all the major case manufacturers for the RPi do not have an on/off and reset switch...(Are you listening pimoroni and co.?)

wildfire

Re: A Case for RPi

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:54 am

broken link

Corrected from another of your posts (I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you're not spamming).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Retroflag-VERS ... e%2B&psc=1
Scotty never said "I canae give her any more Captain, She'll blow".
B'Elanna Torres however did say "Get the cheese to the sickbay" :?:

bonzadog

Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:08 pm

wildfire wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:54 am
broken link

Corrected from another of your posts (I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you're not spamming).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Retroflag-VERS ... e%2B&psc=1
Definitely not spamming...just a report on a RPi Case that others may find useful.
NT

gkaiseril

Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:16 pm

The case looks like it is to be used with a Pi emulating a Nintendo device.

I would look for a more generic case for a consumer/commercial project that I would be selling. Possibly one that I could add my own branding to.

bonzadog

Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:19 pm

gkaiseril wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:16 pm
The case looks like it is to be used with a Pi emulating a Nintendo device.

I would look for a more generic case for a consumer/commercial project that I would be selling. Possibly one that I could add my own branding to.
You are probably right, but actually, the case looks great. There is an openable slot for 2 USB Ports...(probably where the cassette went in). all in all I found it useful. I intent to use my sticker as logo. The case has inbuilt HW. However I must admit the documentation is rather dearth.

I would consider a generic case, but only with an ON/OFF and reset switch on the case...there is no case that I know that has this for the RPi.
and I do not fancy messing around with a normal case. And do not forget the price!

Imperf3kt

Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:50 pm

Have you considered patents? Is reselling that case (sounds like this is your intention) allowed? Does it infringe on any existing patents ( China can get away with it, but if you aren't in China, you likely won't)
User experiencing technical difficulties.

gkaiseril

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 am

Patents apply to processes, there are also copyrights for images and trade marks. Both patents and copyrights can have a limited lifetime, but trade marks can live forever. Since Nintendo is still an ongoing concern I would try not to infringe on their images or trademarks. If you are selling a product or service you should be concerned about your good image and protect it from others who might try to use it to promote their own business.

W. H. Heydt

Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:04 am

gkaiseril wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 am
Patents apply to processes, there are also copyrights for images and trade marks. Both patents and copyrights can have a limited lifetime, but trade marks can live forever. Since Nintendo is still an ongoing concern I would try not to infringe on their images or trademarks. If you are selling a product or service you should be concerned about your good image and protect it from others who might try to use it to promote their own business.
Trademarks have to be actively defended, or they can be lost. Writers magazines carry frequent ads trying to get writers to be sure to indicate trademarks in what they write (they don't actually have to). The ads generally point out a bunch of trademarks that have been lost by becoming generic terms...which is what the companies are afraid of. Aspirin, linoleum, escalator, thermos are all examples.

bonzadog

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:49 am

Imperf3kt wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:50 pm
Have you considered patents? Is reselling that case (sounds like this is your intention) allowed? Does it infringe on any existing patents ( China can get away with it, but if you aren't in China, you likely won't)
That is applicable for other cases I have seen......But is this a patent infringement..I do not think so.

Return to “General discussion”