bringeroflighters

questions on the rasp pi

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:20 pm

I'm totally new to this and am wondering I want to build a Halloween decoration that the head uses a mini fog machine lights and an air pump to drip blood drop lets into a dish that lights up green all done with remote control is it possible to wire all these into the pi would i need separate power for everything or can it draw power from the pi also I want it to be remote controlled wireless could i learn to code the timer for the functions any help would be appreciated

W. H. Heydt

Re: questions on the rasp pi

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Yes...that can all be done. If you look in the archive of the blog posts, around Halloween and Christmas every year, there are projects involving active decorations. At least some of what you want to do will be in those posts. How to do the rest should show up in either blog posts or issues of the MagPi magazine (they're on line and downloadable).

Through the USB ports, a Pi3B can supply up to a total of 1.2A at 5v if you have a PSU for the Pi rated at--or a bit above--2.4A.

My suggestion would be to develop each effect separately and once each works, then combining them.

bringeroflighters

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:27 pm

8-) Thanks for the help I need to read up alot on this as I'm very new to pi are there guides that are a must read to understanding how to work it

W. H. Heydt

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:08 am

bringeroflighters wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:27 pm
8-) Thanks for the help I need to read up alot on this as I'm very new to pi are there guides that are a must read to understanding how to work it
Check the stickies at the top of various sub-forums. Particularly Beginners and Troubleshooting. There are also various guides in the Help section of this site (see the top of the page) and the Documentation section under Help: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/

Return to “General discussion”