aTao

Ubuntu 14 parental control GUI

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:00 pm

Does anyone know of a GUI parental control [program that works in Ubuntu 14? Google keeps coming up with ones that dont work any more or are text file based.
>)))'><'(((<

abishur

Re: Ubuntu 14 parental control GUI

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:13 pm

aTao wrote:Does anyone know of a GUI parental control [program that works in Ubuntu 14? Google keeps coming up with ones that dont work any more or are text file based.
I've used Dansguardian and webmin in ages past. It's not a "gui" but rather a web interface that makes managing different extensions a lot easier.
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

aTao

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:27 pm

abishur wrote:
aTao wrote:Does anyone know of a GUI parental control [program that works in Ubuntu 14? Google keeps coming up with ones that dont work any more or are text file based.
I've used Dansguardian and webmin in ages past. It's not a "gui" but rather a web interface that makes managing different extensions a lot easier.
Thanks, I have looked at DansGuardian and I am afraid it is not suitable for the parent that needs to manage it, thus the need for GUI
>)))'><'(((<

W. H. Heydt

Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:32 pm

Perhaps the parent needs to get the teen to help administer the controls...:-)

Sorry...I consider parental control systems to be a sort of intelligence test for the kids.

aTao

Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:52 pm

W. H. Heydt wrote:Perhaps the parent needs to get the teen to help administer the controls...:-)

Sorry...I consider parental control systems to be a sort of intelligence test for the kids.
The "teen" isnt yet.
I think that one problem with intelligence is that responsibility often requires more of it than the ability to be really daft.
>)))'><'(((<

Return to “Off topic discussion”