Chubak

How do I get computer electronic parts?

Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:53 am

I know of this website Alibaba where Chinese companies and merchants use to ship electronic parts. But you have to haggle with them, and frankly bargaining with people who barely speak English is not actually my forte.

Is there a good place where I can get SoCs, CPUs, GPUs, PSUs, input/output sockets, digital-to-analogue converters, etc, from trusted individuals?

I want to make a videogame console btw that's why I'm asking.
I'd rather live a good forty years than a miserable eighty years.

Ravenous

Re: How do I get computer electronic parts?

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:31 am

Why not put your country in the "Location" on your profile so people know where you'll be ordering from?

In the UK there are general distributors like RS, Rapid Electronics etc. but a lot depends on exactly which SoC you need, if you have a particular plan in mind...

Chubak

Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:54 am

Ravenous wrote:Why not put your country in the "Location" on your profile so people know where you'll be ordering from?

In the UK there are general distributors like RS, Rapid Electronics etc. but a lot depends on exactly which SoC you need, if you have a particular plan in mind...
Son I don't want to be discriminated. I'm not giving out my location. Imagine I live in a lazarette.

Jednorozec

Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:18 am

eBay has a lot of Chinese companies present and I've gotten some good buys there. GearBest.com is in China and carries some electronic parts amongst all of the watches, clothing, toys and general junk. Adafruit in the U.S. is a great company that has a lot of stuff for the Raspberry Pi and the Arduino. Then there are distributors like DigiKey, Mouser, Jameco, MCMElectronics and Newark.
The most important leg of a three legged stool is the one that's missing.
It's called thinking. Why don't you try it sometime?

Chubak

Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:30 am

Jednorozec wrote:eBay has a lot of Chinese companies present and I've gotten some good buys there. GearBest.com is in China and carries some electronic parts amongst all of the watches, clothing, toys and general junk. Adafruit in the U.S. is a great company that has a lot of stuff for the Raspberry Pi and the Arduino. Then there are distributors like DigiKey, Mouser, Jameco, MCMElectronics and Newark.
Thanks. Nevertheless I can't order anything from these websites directly. VISA and PayPal aren't allowed to work within my country, and if an American company ships even a shard of glass to my house they have to pay fine. I wish I had a "guy" for this stuff, you know. Some honest reseller from South East Asia. That's how most consumer electronic companies in my country get their parts, and it ends up expensive but even with all these our consumer electronics end up a lot cheaper than brand-name consumer electronics.

ame

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:44 pm

Chubak wrote:
Ravenous wrote:Why not put your country in the "Location" on your profile so people know where you'll be ordering from?

Son I don't want to be discriminated. I'm not giving out my location. Imagine I live in a lazarette.
Just the country would be sufficient.

Have you considered moving to somewhere better?

Have you tried DealExtreme, www.dx.com?

mjtessmer

Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:19 pm

Have you tried Tayda Electronics
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/

boyoh

Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:13 pm

Chubak wrote:I know of this website Alibaba where Chinese companies and merchants use to ship electronic parts. But you have to haggle with them, and frankly bargaining with people who barely speak English is not actually my forte.

Is there a good place where I can get SoCs, CPUs, GPUs, PSUs, input/output sockets, digital-to-analogue converters, etc, from trusted individuals?

I want to make a videogame console btw that's why I'm asking.

Add scavenger of the local scrape yard to your list.
You will find all the parts and components there , for free
BoyOh ( Selby, North Yorkshire.UK)
Some Times Right Some Times Wrong

Return to “Off topic discussion”