theoscy

OwnCloud

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:51 am

Hi,

I know this is off topic but I know somebody will be able to help. I have installed own-cloud on my Ubuntu server and it works great, I have configured remote access and it all works well.

I have 1TB of media that I want to put into own-cloud, obviously uploading it all through the client is not practical. I have found the own-cloud data directory (var/lib/owncloud/data) but cannot copy files to it as I dont have the right to access it. My question is this, is there a way to change the permissions and then dump the data in there, my second question is will owncloud then recognize that data is there? My server has no GUI and I just shh in.

Thanks

Oscar
You could say my love for Linux is terminal ;)

pluggy

Re: OwnCloud

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:58 am

Before the first mod arrives and locks this as not being Pi appropriate. I'd either enable root or use sudo to stick things in /var/lib. Its probably not a good idea changing the permissions so a non root user can change them. Own cloud would be able to see the files and download them, but not change them.
Don't judge Linux by the Pi.......
I must not tread on too many sacred cows......

theoscy

Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Thanks mate,

Changed the permissions using chmod and plugged the HDD into a Linux box and am copying the data across.

Thanks for the advice.

theoscy

Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi,

I now have a problem!! Whilst the folders of what I copied to the owncloud directory are visible, the content is not! Help!!!!

Return to “Off topic discussion”