DougieLawson

Re: Solid-Run hummingboard

Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:04 pm

JarJarGeek wrote:Thoughts ??
If it's looking for a new home I have a retirement home for old and unwanted computers.
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All non-medical doctors are on my foes list.

Lob0426

Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:36 am

This is unfortunately the problem with many of the "other" Small Board Computers. The "community" support is just not there! Yet!

I keep hoping that there will be a better community support from another provider. But so far there has been no real show from anyone else. This is not a statement against Raspberry Pi, just a hope for more choice.

I bought a Panda Board ES. I was able to get it running with an OS pretty easily. This was before I got my hands on a RasPi, so I had less experience. It can be setup very similar to the RasPi. I did have trouble getting some of the advanced components installed so that I had better Video. I also am no "Code ninja" either. I was able to setup a WordPress Server very similar to what is running on my RasPi server now. It was a whole lot faster!

I think that we will eventually see someone put in the extra work to have a friendly community from a different party, one of these days.

I checked up on the Beagle Bone Black to see where it was at since last year. They have sold approx. 207,000 boards compared to last years 47,000. Their "Community" has not expanded that much compared to the number of boards that are in the wild now. The price has increased lately as they increased the eMMC to 4GB, their users complained about the 2GB units size. It is still a pretty good buy at $55. But you will have to have some knowledge how to use one!
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with Pi2B
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!

glnds

Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Complete benchmarks: i1, i2 and i2ex models, running different kernels and a comparison to the Raspberry and Banana Pi: https://blog.pixxis.be/2014/12/28/compl ... -and-i2ex/

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:59 am

glnds wrote:Complete benchmarks: i1, i2 and i2ex models, running different kernels and a comparison to the Raspberry and Banana Pi: https://blog.pixxis.be/2014/12/28/compl ... -and-i2ex/
Interesting figures, pretty much match expectations. The Bpi seems to show the inherent performance advantage of the A7 core vs the Arm11 at similar clocks, and same with the I2's A9.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I own the world’s worst thesaurus. Not only is it awful, it’s awful."

Return to “Off topic discussion”