ladybug

Re: I am not a thief and I am in the minority!

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Lob0426 wrote:I think where I see a problem is who owns a song!

Michael Jackson bought the rights to the Beach Boys (I think he has them?). So the original artists are not receiving payment for their work.

So what right did he have to sell their music without the artist profiting?

This is true of most music and TV programs today. Older movies were the same!

So how long do these works go from owner to owner before they are public domain? From what I see they will never go to public! Even long after the Original Artist and all of their family are long dead.

Do you ever see Sony or Apple giving up their "rights" except sell them?

Richard
True, it's always been about who own's what and that in turn leads to there way of thinking, we own it, so we own you!

But nice to see whilst there busy trying to Pwn the Planet they're making the bad guys Job's so much easier for them at the same time. Network Security & Privacy has now fallen into the midst's of Back-doors in the hardware, back-doors in the software oh but added Bonus they've given us all Pirate Radio in the same breath failing to realise that most people into open source are also eager Radio enthusiast's. Tx: CQ CQ PR15M PSE K

http://makezine.com/projects/make-38-ca ... ate-radio/

ladybug

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:26 pm

In light of whats been in the newspapers and in alternative news about the corruption going on with regards to software & hardware being turned slowly into a surveilance nightmare, the good news is you dont have to trust manufacturers, because look at it from a programmers perspective, your desktop satallite box supports strong cryptography via the on demand chip. It has to, to protect the manufacturers intrest's (so people can't copy stuff). Far be it for anyone to actually be able to reverse engineer either the software or the hardware to examine what they've done.

Secure Strong Cryptography, ARM chips in a daisy chain, or how about that Satallite Box, what's the CPU inside it? Would that be MIPS?! These guys have dug there own hole and now it's amusing watching them trying to crawl out of it.

But you know what the word going around in the hacker circles is right now? "Whitehats are like Condoms, they get used and discarded!"

Seem's all this Secret Service Government Spy stuff like RFID Cloning of passports:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... rable.html

And Striping SSL Security off everywhere:
In a 2009 paper, A BlackHat Researcher introduced the concept of SSL stripping, a man-in-the-middle attack in which a network attacker could prevent a web browser from upgrading to an SSL connection in a subtle way that would likely go unnoticed by a user. He also announced the release of a tool, sslstrip, which would automatically perform these types of man in the middle attacks. The HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) specification was subsequently developed to combat these attacks, however deployment of HSTS has been slow, and SSL stripping attacks are still widely used today.

Has been stolen from the very community it's trying to squash.

But look on the bright side, once they get told they can't spy on your phone records any longer, they've already come up with the solution.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26762198

I expected more from David Milliband "It's intollerable" Really David & Whom do you suppose taught them how to do it!
Last edited by ladybug on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShiftPlusOne
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:35 pm

ladybug wrote:...
This thread had been dead for a while and these posts seem to be completely off-topic for it anyway.

Dutch_Master

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:21 pm

OT:
Lob0426 wrote:Michael Jackson bought the rights to the Beach Boys (I think he has them?). So the original artists are not receiving payment for their work.
For the record (sic :P ) it was The Beatles. MJ has sold them since, before he died. Didn't prevent him getting almost bankrupt though :P

/OT

ladybug

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Sorry @ ShiftPlusOne just stating the facts, every computer Genius has always been some unemployed Bum - Because all the big names in the IT Industry have such restrictive service level agreements. But they forget we're all consumers and we're all volunteers.

ladybug

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Dutch_Master wrote:OT:
Lob0426 wrote:Michael Jackson bought the rights to the Beach Boys (I think he has them?). So the original artists are not receiving payment for their work.
For the record (sic :P ) it was The Beatles. MJ has sold them since, before he died. Didn't prevent him getting almost bankrupt though :P

/OT
Speaking of the beatles:

http://youtu.be/qX1SSiFWF-s
http://youtu.be/rPFGWVKXxm0

ame

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:36 am

ladybug wrote:Sorry @ ShiftPlusOne just stating the facts, every computer Genius has always been some unemployed Bum - Because all the big names in the IT Industry have such restrictive service level agreements. But they forget we're all consumers and we're all volunteers.
I fear your tinfoil hat is leaking and may need adjustment.

Ravenous

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:51 am

ame wrote:I fear your tinfoil hat is leaking and may need adjustment.
I've just started experimenting with the "Foes" feature in the forum settings; may be worth using more often.

(Just because someone's a genus, doesn't mean they have anything useful to say.)

ShiftPlusOne
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:01 am

Yup, this thread has outlived its usefulness. If you want to discuss backdoors in hardware, feel free to start a thread, and keep it civil.

Return to “Off topic discussion”