rPioneer

connectors for screens?

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi,
I am new to raspberry pi's and have not yet got mine (model B) running.
I would like to know: there are 2 thin black connectors on the upper face of the pi. These have clips that can slide up and slightly backwards. What are they for? Are they designed to connect directly to a screen through the flat connectors with many tiny connections that are a part of the screen? And if they are then how could I do this?

Thanks.

DougieLawson

Re: connectors for screens?

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:29 pm

The one near the ethernet port is for the Raspi Camera. I think the other is for a possible future display.
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

Richard-TX

Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:19 pm

Richard
Doing Unix since 1985.
The 9-25-2013 image of Wheezy can be found at:
http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/images/raspbian-2013-09-27/2013-09-25-wheezy-raspbian.zip

rpdom

Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:05 am

Work is in progress for a custom screen that will connect to the DSI port, and driver software specially written for the Pi.

The latest report is that it will be a touch screen and the plan is eventually to be able to have one screen connected to DSI and one to HDMI or RCA and have different displays on each screen at the same time.

You can not just connect any screen, it has to be one that is recognised by the Pi and has the correct driver software and firmware.

Be patient and wait for an announcement.

rPioneer

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Thank you very much for all the information! I was a little confused - I thought the jtag header was for the pi camera, and the unpopulated header next to it was the jtag! So therefore I thought that there were two strange connectors on the board... but you have all enlightened me!
Toxic yellow HDMIPi, Raspberry Pi B Revision 2 running Raspbian, Raspberry Pi A+ on a robot called Lobsang (anyone read The Long Earth?).
Happy to chat, but don't expect me to be an expert! Eager to learn from peers / gods / gurus / geeks

Return to “Off topic discussion”