crundy

Warning Re eBay RPis

Fri May 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Thought I should post a warning to you all about buying a Raspberry Pi from eBay. This is what showed up this morning and it differs from the real models quite a lot and doesn't seem to boot up when plugged in:

(Only joking. My work colleagues thought it would be funny to post this to me in the hope it arrived before my real Pi. It didn't :) )

Jongoleur
Location: O'erlooking the sea, and all those effin windfarms...

Re: Warning Re eBay RPis

Fri May 18, 2012 3:12 pm

A RasPi on a PCI expansion card sounds like a good idea....

I mean, bring all the ports out to the backplate, and its powered off the chunky switched mode PSU in your PC. What could possibly go wrong?

(Aren't colleagues utter rotters? :lol: )
I'm just a bouncer, splatterers do it with more force.....

obarthelemy

Fri May 18, 2012 11:16 pm

You're holding it wrong !

crundy

Sat May 19, 2012 12:11 am

I'm thinking I should post this piece of advanced (if non functional) hardware to Liz & Eben for a keepsake. What say y'all? :D :D

cutterjohn

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Actually something like the pi on a PCIe card might be kinda useful... especially if it had an option to run like a co-processor card OR as a standalone using the PCIe bus for power, peripherals, etc.

Kind of like in the old days when the Apple //s and Amigas had expansion cards with 8086s (or workalikes/better) for DOS emulation, be really nifty if they could share the display the way those old devices used to as well... There were also a couple of boards like this for PCs back in the 90s, but I think that they were mostly for console development, essentially the console hw on a PCI card.

phatbear

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:40 am

I don't mind the idea of wires and bits hanging off a dev board on disk.

I would hate the idea of wires and bits bumping around in a PC case.

Like the humour though.

Return to “Off topic discussion”