Should you iron underwear and socks

Yes
3%
1
No
58%
23
What's this ironing you talk of
40%
16
 
Total votes: 40
User avatar
aTao
Posts: 1087
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 am
Location: Howlin Eigg

Re: Great Debate of the Age

Sun May 26, 2013 5:44 am

gritz wrote:Spoons? Luxury! I used to stir my workplace tea with a 10mm spanner (sad but true).

On a hygene note, I just cleaned the biscuit crumbs out of my keyboard. It's making for "a much richer web experience" and it'll probably help keep the mice down too.
I hope it was a plastic spanner, since Oskar seems to think that plastic, which lasts about 0.01% as long as metal and takes much, much longer to bio-degrade, is better for the environment.

Tea? Luxury........ lets not end where that might go.
>)))'><'(((<

Oskar
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:05 am

Re: Great Debate of the Age

Sun May 26, 2013 9:51 am

aTao wrote:I hope it was a plastic spanner, since Oskar seems to think that plastic, which lasts about 0.01% as long as metal and takes much, much longer to bio-degrade, is better for the environment.
See what I mean about straw men and soundbites ;)

Must go -- I have a spanner protest song to write:

"This spanner needs adjusting, oh what shall I do?
(You could adjust the damn spanner!)
I’ll make me a set of spanners that are shiny and new
(Or you could adjust the damn spanner!) "
etc
etc
:)

gritz
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:33 am

Re: Great Debate of the Age

Sun May 26, 2013 11:33 am

Oskar wrote:
aTao wrote:I hope it was a plastic spanner, since Oskar seems to think that plastic, which lasts about 0.01% as long as metal and takes much, much longer to bio-degrade, is better for the environment.
See what I mean about straw men and soundbites ;)

Must go -- I have a spanner protest song to write:

"This spanner needs adjusting, oh what shall I do?
(You could adjust the damn spanner!)
I’ll make me a set of spanners that are shiny and new
(Or you could adjust the damn spanner!) "
etc
etc
:)
"Buy the right spanner and it will last a lifetime,
Tra-la-la" etc.

Meta-arguments referencing strawman and all the other stuff is a bit OTT for a humourous thread in off topic imo. Especially on a Bank Holiday Sunday!

User avatar
morphy_richards
Posts: 1603
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:26 pm
Location: Epping Forest
Contact: Website

Re: Great Debate of the Age

Sun May 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Luckily I'm not clever enough to understand what anyone here is talking about but I was enjoying the jokes about not doing ironing.
Any good tips for lawns while we are on the subject of shirking?

User avatar
aTao
Posts: 1087
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 am
Location: Howlin Eigg

Re: Great Debate of the Age

Sun May 26, 2013 9:46 pm

morphy_richards wrote:Luckily I'm not clever enough to understand what anyone here is talking about but I was enjoying the jokes about not doing ironing.
Any good tips for lawns while we are on the subject of shirking?
AFAIK there are 2 main options...
1 decking, sure it takes a bit of investment but it never needs cutting.
2 wild flower meadow (just leave it alone).
>)))'><'(((<

User avatar
riffraff
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:17 am
Location: Newnan, Georgia, US

Re: Great Debate of the Age

Mon May 27, 2013 4:57 am

I suppose if you're an absolute masochist, you'd be inclined to use starch. Otherwise, ironing underwear would seem to defeat its purpose... it's supposed to be a fluffy, sweat-absorbing barrier and I'm sure ironing all the minute convolutions out would reduce the absorency. Also, I've never seen a pristinely clean iron. Why would you take perfectly clean and bleached undies and subject them to a filthy steam iron?

Ravenous
Posts: 1956
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:01 pm
Location: UK

Re: Great Debate of the Age

Tue May 28, 2013 8:26 am

morphy_richards wrote:Luckily I'm not clever enough to understand what anyone here is talking about but I was enjoying the jokes about not doing ironing.
Any good tips for lawns while we are on the subject of shirking?
Buy some rabbits?

EDIT: I meant self-replicating biomass fuelled grass cutting robots, of course.

User avatar
piglet
Posts: 911
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: Great Debate of the Age

Tue May 28, 2013 8:31 am

Ravenous wrote:Buy some rabbits?
or a goat. The ultimate bio-digestsers. They eat anything. Even the soft top off my uncle's car...

Return to “Off topic discussion”