Smartybones

Re: The presidents brain is missing!!

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 pm

you know, over in the general discussion forum there are so many people getting their knickers in a twist over the location of the first batch of 10,000 raspberry pi's its become almost funny. so I decided I will try to make it funny.....

Years ago, remember that program "Spitting Image" where they poked fun at politicians and celebrities. They did a whole series of sketches about Ronald Regan's brain going missing. So, how about a community based satirical story about the journey of a single raspberry pi, and its journey from China to the desk of a computer nerd anxiously waiting for delivery of his computer.  try and fill in the blanks of the missing 10,000 and where it got to, imagine a fantastic journey, anything is possible !!...

you all know how its done, we have all seen it on forums all over the place, write a single line of the story next person adds the next bit.... but try to write it in the first person as though you are the Pi...

Ill get it started.....

After I was born, I knew straight away their was something wrong. I could not link up to talk to my brothers. what the hell was going on.... communication break down !!!!

Lynbarn

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:58 am

First, we were put in a box. Hundreds of us. It was dark. We were moved about a lot – I think we got put on a plane at one stage, then bright lights as the box was opened, and one by one, we were all taken out, and probed – like something out of alien abduction. At first the humans we saw seemed pleased to see us – ecstatic even, but their moods soon changed, and their smiles seemed to change to confusion, and dismay… They stuck things in all our orifaces. Ow! did the sparks fly?

We must have all passed that test though, as we were all put back in the box, and off on another adventure.

Back up in the air, I think, then more bright lights. It all seemed vaguely familiar, almost as if we were back where we started, but something was different…

riffraff

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:41 am

Smartybones said:

...Years ago, remember that program "Spitting Image" where they poked fun at politicians and celebrities. They did a whole series of sketches about Ronald Regan's brain going missing...
Silly goose! Everyone knows that "Ronald Reagan" was the crowning glory of Disney's Animatronics Department!

Skygod

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:50 am

Light!

What's going to happen to us now?

Oh no! It seems we are to be tortured. They've taken one of my brothers and applied a hot gun to his body and ripped a piece out of him.

Ravenous

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:22 am

(I foresee some Lemmings/Pingu style computer game - guide the Pis across oceans and up and down cliffs to guide them to their homes and schools.  Oh No!)

meltwater

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 am

However, when the screaming stopped...the light flux smoke parted…I saw him…lights were flashing along his side, dancing and blinking and shining brightly.  The truth…they had fixed him, he could talk and he was happy, singing to all of us to join him in his song.

We all shuffled around in our box, no longer fearing, but instead hoping to be the next one…the next one to be…connected.

My new book: goo.gl/dmVtsc

Meltwater's Pi Hardware - pihardware.com

Like the MagPi? @TheMagP1 @TheMagPiTeam

Jongoleur
Location: O'erlooking the sea, and all those effin windfarms...

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:35 am

Ravenous said:

(I foresee some Lemmings/Pingu style computer game – guide the Pis across oceans and up and down cliffs to guide them to their homes and schools.  Oh No!)

Wheeeee!!!!!

Exploding Pis!!!!

Then one bent down and picked up a piece of wire, protruding from a hole in the skirtingboard,  that terminated in a curiously shaped plug that matched a socket in the opposite wall.

Would it fit???

Another took it from the firsts hand and gently pulled.  More wire spilled from the hole. One more tug and it would reach the socket! They tugged, to be greeted by a frayed end.

MICE!!!
I'm just a bouncer, splatterers do it with more force.....

SN

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:41 pm

I have this vision of the infamous Flying Toasters screensaver being re-imagined with Raspberry Pi Boards
Steve N – binatone mk4->intellivision->zx81->spectrum->cbm64->cpc6128->520stfm->pc->raspi ?

Smartybones

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:15 pm

oh no, not mice, they get into everything.....

the only thing that could be worse than mice nibbling on my bits and reducing my bytes are cockroaches... I have had stories from my big cousins in data centres and warehouses where roaches infest the inside of the casings.....

casings.... case.... hmmm....

OH MY BOFH, I AM NAKED ! I AM ALL EXPOSED !!!

Andre_P

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:37 pm

So tell me Luke what brings you out here ?

This Rpi 2 Unit is looking for his old master,  a 'Obi Won Kenobi'......

Smartybones

Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Obi Won, you must mean old D've Bra-Ben, he hasn't gone by  the name of Obi for a long time, I dont even think he exists any more.....

nobody has seen or heard of old Obi since the dark days when he intergalactic jumped to galaxy 2 in his pimped out Cobra Mk3, with a cargo hold full of narcotics for the evil empire,  The RS-Farnell alliance.

Jongoleur
Location: O'erlooking the sea, and all those effin windfarms...

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Yo Da!  he cried, greeting his father expansively, before placing the box of Evil Empire™ samples reverently in front of him.

Da tore the box open and rooted through the contents.

He frowned.

"Not the recreational substances I ordered, these are." he muttered, "there's no magnetics"…..

Edit for nitpicking HTML punctuation….
I'm just a bouncer, splatterers do it with more force.....

Smartybones

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:15 pm

no magnets..... OH NO.... you know what this means.....

the baying populous of Terra are going to have to go without their fix while we get some of the  boxes of nerd narcotix fixed. this is going to be a nightmare... what a nightmare....

We are going to have to package the lot up, and return them to the master maker. have you any Idea how hard that's going to be?

I cant just jump back to galaxy one... the very physical nature intergalactic wormholes allow for one-way travel. Fortunately the intergalactic wormhole in Galaxy 8 connects back to Galaxy 1. So I can go full circle. Damn, this is going to be expensive. Its going to cost me 5,000 credits for each galactic hyperjump. So the complete 8 Galaxy round trip is going to cost me a total 40,000 credits.

the terrans are not going to be happy.... this is going to delay the distribution of the nerd narcotix by weeks....

Return to “Off topic discussion”