Tass

Re: Yet ANOTHER email from RS...

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:44 pm

So after yesterday's email, I received this from RS today:

Dear customer

Congratulations! We’re contacting you to let you know that we're shortly going to invite you to place your order for a Raspberry Pi. We now need to get a few more details to tell us where you want your Pi delivered to. This will help us get a Raspberry Pi to you as quickly as possible.

To help ensure as many people as possible can experience the Raspberry Pi concept, we are initially limiting boards to one per customer, on a first come, first served basis. To make sure we're able to invite you to place your order soon, please complete this information by Tuesday 20th March 2012.

When I followed it I was prompted to fill in my personal details, although most of them were already filled in (NOTE: This isn't the machine I registered my interest from).  So, some more progress it would seem, with a new date – 20th March.

Progress perhaps?

EDIT: Admins, I realise you're moving these sort of posts to Off Topic, but I figured this offered a bit more definitive info on order dates.... move away if you think it's not relevant

grumpyoldgit

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Or it could be a phishing expedition!

Tass

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Grumpyoldgit said:

Or it could be a phishing expedition!

"What - you want ALL my credit card number?  OK, as long as I get a Pi..."

grumpyoldgit

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:58 pm

I just have visions of 200,000 excited punters handing their card details to Mr Binyata of Nigeria.

Jongoleur
Location: O'erlooking the sea, and all those effin windfarms...

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Tass said:

So after yesterday"s email, I received this from RS today:

Dear customer

Congratulations! We’re contacting you to let you know that we"re shortly going to invite you to place your order for a Raspberry Pi. We now need to get a few more details to tell us where you want your Pi delivered to. This will help us get a Raspberry Pi to you as quickly as possible.

To help ensure as many people as possible can experience the Raspberry Pi concept, we are initially limiting boards to one per customer, on a first come, first served basis. To make sure we"re able to invite you to place your order soon, please complete this information by Tuesday 20th March 2012.

When I followed it I was prompted to fill in my personal details, although most of them were already filled in (NOTE: This isn"t the machine I registered my interest from).  So, some more progress it would seem, with a new date – 20th March.

Progress perhaps?

EDIT: Admins, I realise you're moving these sort of posts to Off Topic, but I figured this offered a bit more definitive info on order dates.... move away if you think it's not relevant

Not relevancy, mere jealousy......    *evil grin*

They probably want replies by the 20th so that they can cross off those that don't respond and contact the next n potential customers on the list to see if THEY want a slice of Pi.

There's madness in the madness, I tell you!
I'm just a bouncer, splatterers do it with more force.....

tek-monkey

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Grumpyoldgit said:

I just have visions of 200,000 excited punters handing their card details to Mr Binyata of Nigeria.

Lol

Got the same one, they only wanted name and address so possibly just to make sure we aren't secretly trying to buy lots.

Kernel

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:04 pm

I haven't had one

ledow

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:11 pm

I got one.   The confirmation screen you go to says congratulations about being in the first batch.  Filled it out, because it had half my information already, just goes to a "Thank you" screen, nothing exciting.

Looks like they are doing the weed-out-duplicate-orders stage, personally.  And although I know it was half-sarcastic, it wasn't a phishing attempt for myself (though I have no doubt someone will try that at some point).  The beauty of using unique email addresses for everything is that you know EXACTLY who has got that particular address for you, and you can weed out phishing and spam and point figures at people who distribute your email quite easily.

itsonlyme

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:23 pm

I got one too

tzj

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:48 pm

not got one
http://www.themagpi.com <---- Checkout the MagPi
(The MagPi - Co-Founder)

stevebrowne

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:41 pm

I got one!

"Congratulations! We’re pleased to let you know that you are in the first batch of our registrations for Raspberry Pi. This will mean you will be one of the first to place your order as we are offering Raspberry Pi boards on a first come first served basis and are limiting orders to one per customer. "

frying_fish

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Dang. Still not had this one.  Knowing my luck I'm going to get the "you have 4 days to fill out your details" email while I'm in Cuba without internet access for two weeks. Guess I'll just have to get to the back of the queue and get one as the production ramps up a bit more.

chickey

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:40 pm

I got one on the 9th asking for me to add my details and that i was in the first batch, has anyone had both or is this the next batch of people in the queue getting the mail ?

Interesting to have a date to aim for though, bring on Tuesday

pythagoras

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:23 pm

chickey said:

I got one on the 9th asking for me to add my details and that i was in the first batch, has anyone had both or is this the next batch of people in the queue getting the mail ?

Interesting to have a date to aim for though, bring on Tuesday

I just got this one today and nothing on the 9th.

Regards

John

Tass

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:31 pm

I received an "unlucky" email on the 9th, then this "good-news" emails today.  Not sure if anyone received an "unlucky" email today?

Skygod

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:21 am

Got the email on the 9th and the 'Add details' one today.

chickey

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:04 am

Got the email on the 9th and the "Add details" one today.

Was your mail on the 9th an unlucky or add details one?

Col

Skygod

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:37 am

The one on the 9th was just the same as the one I'd received on the 2nd.

Paul Webster

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:57 am

My hope (having not received one of these "congrats" emails is that they correlated my register of interest email address with the account that I created on their system the next day once things had cooled down ...

pythagoras

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:13 am

Paul Webster said:

My hope (having not received one of these "congrats" emails is that they correlated my register of interest email address with the account that I created on their system the next day once things had cooled down ...

I already had an account and I got the email asking for my address details, so they havent matched the two up.

Paul Webster

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:24 pm

;( damn
Ah well - I know I"ll get one in the end.

Return to “Off topic discussion”