Caliber Mengsk

Re: WooT, Updated shipping timeframe (at least for me. Newark/Element14)

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:36 pm

So, I bought my pi off of Newark/Element14 a day or so after they started accepting pre-orders for the second batch. I was sad to find the expected ship date was in June (3 months from now). Out of boredom (very very boring job) I checked on the status, and now it says April 3rd will now be my expected ship date! ^__^ Much better.

Just thought some people may not have noticed and might like to know.

bwoodbury

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:28 pm

I was mashing the keyboard on the 29th and couldn't tell if anything got through or not. No confirmation emails. Did a pre-order a day or two later and got email confirmation with a May 15th ship date. Checked my order status after seeing this post and now have an April 3 ship date I won't be surprised to see it change again (:

johnbeetem

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:56 pm

I get the same behavior.  April 3rd is what Newark said on the original order form.  I got e-mail a couple of days after I ordered estimating May 14th.  I suspect the April 3rd in the order status is erroneous.

berry_me

Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Good call on checking the order status.  Originally given a 6/13 ship date, now the order status says 4/3.   Guess we'll all wait and see which is closer to reality.

I was a little confused about the 6/13 ship date when the order was limited to a single unit.  I'd hope they would have lots of volume shipping by June, and will have removed the single unit limitation by then.

MacUidhir13

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:06 am

Forgive me for saying: "I hope not".

But have a feeling they might.

Finally got my email note to pre-order earlier today (03/12/12), so I did, followed  a bit later by getting my ship date: 07/31/12.

Need  I say more?

kayaker

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Caliber Mengsk said:

So, I bought my pi off of Newark/Element14 a day or so after they started accepting pre-orders for the second batch. I was sad to find the expected ship date was in June (3 months from now). Out of boredom (very very boring job) I checked on the status, and now it says April 3rd will now be my expected ship date! ^__^ Much better.

Just thought some people may not have noticed and might like to know.

Congrats! I ordered mine from Allied Electronics (the other US distributor) on March 2nd, and got a rather confusing email on the 5th. The mail said...

Thank you for your recent Raspberry Pi preorder.
Due to the uncertainty of lead times, we have suspended all future orders at this time. However, your order is still in place and you will be the first in the Allied order queue once the product is available.
Please stay tuned for more updates. We will contact you as soon as the Raspberry Pi is available and your order is in process.

... so I THINK that means I'm still in the first batch they'll receive.  Whenever that is.  I'm hoping it'll be similar to your date but my Order Status says "Update Pending".

JeremyF

Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:08 pm

My original ship date was April 3, then it pushed out May 24, but now it's back at a nice (actually really exciting) April 3. I'm hoping the April 3 is legit.
{sig} Setup: Original version Raspberry Pi (B, rev1, 256MB), Dell 2001FP monitor (1600x1200), 8GB Class 4 SD Card with Raspbian and XBMC, DD-WRT wireless bridge

JustThisGuy

Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:03 pm

I'm with JeremyF on this. When I ordered (March 4) the web page said April 3. Then I got an email stating May 14 I checked order status last week when the kerfuffle happened and it said May 14. Today my account status at Newark says April 3. Who knows? I know I'll be glad when it gets here, whenever.

On the up side I just received my order of 5 R Pi decals/stamps with 2 bonus large stamps. WooHoo! As an even extra bonus the customs doc on the envelope was signed by a E. Upton (i think. the Upton part is kinda scribbled. but the E is non-cursive and very legible). Now, what kind of mischief can I get into with Eben's signature…I mean autograph?
Any conversation about a sufficiently complex subject is indistinguishable from babble.

XAPBob

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:01 am

Week commencing 12/3 has been bumped (due to the jack issue) to 10-15 days from today.

Although their email did say "You are one of the first people in the world who will get their hands on a Raspberry Pi Model B. Congratulations."

That's nice of them.

7+10 = 11?

haitek

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:16 am

I paid for mine at element14 and have to hurry up and wait I guess.

The LAN socket problem should have been resolved by the second run.

Return to “Off topic discussion”