netomx

Re: Did I get one? Farnell

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Well, the history is this: I ordered from Farnell, received the order confirmation and this email: Stock is now allocated to your order

But if I enter the Farnell's site, it is BACKORDERED. So, did I get one, or did I entered the preorder?

Btw, I emailed them, with no luck in two days.

abishur

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:21 pm

If you ordered today, then  the answer is that you pre-ordered one basically.  While they've allocated your position in queue so to speak, it's just a spot in the line for the next batch.  They're basically saying "we got your money, you've been guaranteed a spot in line and *will* receive the product from us in due order"

Unfortunately due to the insanely high demand for this awesome product it's the boat we're all in.  Fear not and be patient
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

nick.mccloud

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:31 pm

netomx said:

Stock is now allocated to your order

This means that Farnell know where you are in the order queue and can therefore predict, based on the incoming delivery schedule, when you are likely to get your Pi.

But if I enter the Farnell's site, it is BACKORDERED. So, did I get one, or did I entered the preorder?

This is because you have started a new order - which is totally unrelated to your existing order.

Btw, I emailed them, with no luck in two days.

They've probably been busy!

I'm a Farnell account customer so I know these things.

netomx

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Well I made the order 1 hour later of the launch... servers were down. So... did I get one??

nick.mccloud

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:26 pm

If you have an email from Farnell saying that stock has been allocated then it will tell you what week commencing you should expect your order.

So, yes, you got one.

But no, not necessarily from the first batch.

Why not read the email again?

netomx

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:34 pm

The email doesn't say anithing about that. I was asking because I have never buy something from this guys, and if the servers were overleaded, I didnt knew if I catch one or not. Maybe I didn't, I received another email saying this: W/C 16/04/2012

And if I said: Did I got one? I was talking of the first batch, maybe I need to write it, thought it was obvious.

abishur

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:42 pm

Ah, did they give you an expected delivery date?  Since they sold out rather immediately, it make sense that when you go there now they list it as back ordered.  If you have a delivery date before April I would *guess* that you got one of the first ones.  Other than that the only real option available is to be patient and wait to see when it comes :-/
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

Chris.Rowland

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:49 pm

I've posted describing the four emails I got from Farnell, they are on one of the other threads about ordering.

Jessie

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:02 pm

I got that email from Newark (same as Farnell but in the US.)  I paid and all that good stuff, and they sent me an email telling me April 3rd is my expected shipping date.  I don't know about Farnell but on the Newark site there was a check box to tell them you didn't want backorders but it just took the R-Pi out of my cart.

I'm not excited about waiting (but I have another ARM project going on right now anyway.)  At least I got to finally get some closure, I have paid and I know about when the product will ship.

Off-topic:  I was kinda hoping that the launch would releave some of the pressure on the servers here but it looks like they are still getting hammered.

netomx

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:56 pm

I tried to order from Mexico, no luck... I hope they send it quick. It seems I was the last ones of the first batch, isnt it? Their updated FAQ says something similar

nup.the

Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:06 am

Farnell accepted my order, processed it, "partially shipped" it, and then.....nothing. No estimated delivery date as others reported. Their price had a 10% hike by the way!!!

So I cancelled the order. Perhaps, when this supplier gets more serious about their business, I will get interested again to deal with them. Will I eventually order an R-pi? Maybe, who knows.

So, on the question how do you think about the R-pi launch? From a scale 1-10 (10 been the best) .... maybe a 2.

Hal17

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Ha ha I fell into the same trap. Informed I had been allocated stock - told everyone it was on its way and then received a further email 2 days later saying estimated delivery 14th May. Not a problem though.

Return to “Off topic discussion”