Tass

Re: Anyone know of a good android app for browsing the RPi forumn?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:32 pm

I find myself addicted to RPi, and want to be able to check the forums for any new interesting posts on the go.  I can't see any sign of a dedicated RPi app - not sure if there are any generic apps out there that can be pointed to a existing forum server?

ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Tass said:

I find myself addicted to RPi, and want to be able to check the forums for any new interesting posts on the go.  I can't see any sign of a dedicated RPi app - not sure if there are any generic apps out there that can be pointed to a existing forum server?

any browser should work. i've used the nookcolor default one and dolphin with no problem. in fact they work better than desktop chrome for some things

Tass

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Yes, I generally use the browser which does the job - I was hoping for something as bit more integrated.

nichobb

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:40 pm

I found the site difficult on the Android apps.  I usually viewed in Opera but posted in Firefox Beta.

Edit: saw your post so never mind mine, I misunderstood.

Lynbarn

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Tass said:

I haven't tried it from here myself (or any on Android), but could the RSS feed be of any help?

mobeyduck

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:45 am

basicly the default browser

it still works the best for me

if you really want an app google for a simple rss reader edit the code and hardlink it to the R-Pi rss feed

Return to “Off topic discussion”