closetgeek

Raspberry vs. Xbox 1 or other 600mhz pc

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:22 am

I found it very interesting when I read in the FAQ that raspberry's processor is comparable to an Xbox 1. I have a good amount of experience with xbox hacking including a PHP/Apache server using Xbox Linux. Can anybody be more specific on its performance using this comparison? I understand nobody has done actual raspberry vs. Xbox benchmarks, but any thoughts from those knowledgeable of both systems (or comparable such as a 600 mhz PC) would be appreciated.

Narishma

Re: Raspberry vs. Xbox 1 or other 600mhz pc

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:41 pm

If by processor you mean CPU, the Xbox should be more powerful than the Pi, at least 2 or 3 times more given it has an out-of-order CPU with SIMD, more cache and a better memory controller. The Pi has a more modern GPU and more RAM though, so it's not that easy to compare them.

malakai

Re: Raspberry vs. Xbox 1 or other 600mhz pc

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:50 pm

The GPU's are similar the Pi has a bit better GPU the XBOX has a 32 bit 733Mhz custom Pentium III Pi rates around 300Mhz I believe as a CPU if I understood the benchmarks they ran. Didn't really pay attention. I'm more of try it, try to optimize it, scrap it if it won't run.
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

Return to “Off topic discussion”