Hi guys. I´m looking for help analyzing this circuit: (simple drawing)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rijqpf96i4fxh ... t.png?dl=0
- Batt is putting out 5V (actually it's less than that but just say 5V to make thing simpler for now)
- Grounds are tied (but I gues it would still work if they weren´t)
- There is a resistor between GPIO2 and Opto1. The resistor is of the correct value.
- GPIO2 is just a reference, not the actual GPIO I'd be using. It's just a GPIO used to drive Opto1.
SW1 is in "OFF" state, not pushed. So:
- When GPIO2 is OFF (0V) then En is pulled to ground thru the 10k and 100k resistors.
- When GPIO2 is ON (3.3V) then En is pulled to Batt (5v), thru the 10k resistor and Opto1, right?
Now, what would happens if I push SW1?
- Would En still be pulled to Batt? (directly this time?)
- What would happen to Opto1´s emitter? It will suddenly jump to 4.5V - will it destroy Opto1, the device to the right, or both? Or nothing will happen?
In case you are wondering, I'm messing around with this project: https://github.com/NeonHorizon/lipopi/b ... er_down.md and I was trying to find out how to decouple the RPi from the Powerboost pins.
Thanks for your help.