crocket

My last post about IR transceiver seems to have been removed from this forum.

Thu May 09, 2019 1:47 am

I don't remember deleting it myself. Was it removed by a moderator? If it was, nobody told a reason for deleting it.
Is there someone who dislikes me and snipes out my posts? Or, did anyone want to remove my criticism of IR transceiver products?
Last edited by crocket on Thu May 09, 2019 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

fruitoftheloom

Re: My last post about IR transceiver seems to have been removed from this forum.

Thu May 09, 2019 2:20 am

crocket wrote:
I don't remember deleting it myself. Was it removed by a moderator? If it was, why did the moderator not send me a message about it?
Is there someone who dislikes me and snipes out my posts? Or, did anyone want to remove my criticism of IR transceiver products?

I do vaguely remember a post in "unanswered" Davy Crocket, seemed similar to this ?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=239350&p=1461956#p1461956
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

crocket

Re: My last post about IR transceiver seems to have been removed from this forum.

Thu May 09, 2019 2:25 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
I do vaguely remember a post in "unanswered" Davy Crocket, seemed similar to this ?

I submitted another post after submitting that post. The newer post seems magically gone.

ejolson

Thu May 09, 2019 2:52 am

crocket wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:25 am
fruitoftheloom wrote:

I submitted another post after submitting that post. The newer post seems magically gone.
Could it have been tagged as a duplicate and removed for that reason?

crocket

Thu May 09, 2019 2:58 am

ejolson wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:52 am
Could it have been tagged as a duplicate and removed for that reason?
It would be more appropriate to leave a post explaining the reason for locking the thread. That way, we know what happened.

ankith26

Thu May 09, 2019 3:13 am

crocket wrote:
I don't remember deleting it myself. Was it removed by a moderator? If it was, nobody told a reason for deleting it.
I would say only moderators can remove and lock posts.. And they definately do not dislike you.. Must Have been not appropriate for the forum or you must have repeated the post.
Although to mention a fact, One of my post got locked suddenly, I don't mind it being locked as i got my answer in the post but the mod must have forgotten to specify the reason to block it...
(I mostly think it was blocked as it got answered... Do not mind if thats the case)
My website is at https://pratt.ml
Hope it runs (which it wont)

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu May 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Duplicates will be deleted, very old threads that are re-opened (necro'd, as in raised from the dead) are sometimes locked.
If you are so foolhardy that you add a new post to a thread that is five years old, and not touched since, and the new information is in no way relevant to the old situation, then there is a chance I will lock the thread, and delete the new info (which is worthless anyway).
new information should be posted in a new thread, otherwise people will get hopelessly confused by the obsolete information at the start of the necro'd thread.

but yes, duplicates will be deleted without warning, moderators always will give a reason for a removal, if only the word "duplicate", but I don't know if that information reaches the posters. But please do know that one of the "rules" here is that moderators will delete duplicate posts.

If something happens to your post, it might be time to read your warnings, one unfortunate problem is that with the removal of personal messages there are no longer automatic e-mails sent when you are warned, if you continue doing bad things after being warned several times, I will give you a short (few days) ban to "get your attention", and will say in the ban to read your warnings. But it might be wise to read your warnings if posts are suddenly removed.

the literal only "taboo subjects" here are "where can I find illegal ROM sites", "how do I do malicious hacking", and the infamous "FM transmitter" which is in fact a broadband (square wave generator) emitter. IR tranceivers is NOT on my naughty list, but messages that seem "nonsensical" are.

davidcoton

Thu May 09, 2019 9:44 pm

mahjongg wrote:it might be time to read your warnings,
JOOI, how? Where can I find them (or know that there are none)?
Presumably there is no push notification of warnings?
Signature retired

DougieLawson

Fri May 10, 2019 7:47 am

The notification & warning system on here is 100% broken since they disabled private messages.

That nearly got me banned forever.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri May 10, 2019 11:38 am

Click on your avatar picture + user name top right.
choose profile
choose view user notes.

agree the notification and warning system is broken, since removing the PM system. The BBS managers are aware of that fact.

joan

Fri May 10, 2019 11:45 am

mahjongg wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:38 am
Click on your avatar picture + user name top right.
choose profile
ew userchoose vi notes.

agree the notification and warning system is broken, since removing the PM system. The BBS managers are aware of that fact.
I don't have anything like a view user notes. Is it only present when you have been sent to the naughty step?

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri May 10, 2019 12:18 pm

I'm not sure, I don't have a non moderator account here, to check.

if you click on the avatar, you should get something like this:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.39 KiB) Viewed 875 times
then if you click on Profile you should get your user profile page, which has an option "warnings", it should probably look like this:
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (10.11 KiB) Viewed 875 times
and you should be able to click on View user notes,

at least this is my understanding of what should be possible.
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (10.11 KiB) Viewed 875 times

joan

Fri May 10, 2019 12:46 pm

That sounds right.

At the moment I just have the joined and last active rows.

DougieLawson

Fri May 10, 2019 2:11 pm

ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_list
is the best I've found.

That's post #35000.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

bensimmo

Fri May 10, 2019 2:39 pm

mahjongg wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:18 pm
I'm not sure, I don't have a non moderator account here, to check.

if you click on the avatar, you should get something like this:

Capture.PNG

then if you click on Profile you should get your user profile page, which has an option "warnings", it should probably look like this:

Capture2.PNG

and you should be able to click on View user notes,

at least this is my understanding of what should be possible.
I think that is a moderator feature so you can see any past history.
Not for a normal member to read.

Andyroo

Fri May 10, 2019 5:10 pm

I can see messages in board preferences/ mange notifications.

It shows me where things have been quoted, replied to and closed by moderators. I did not see a delete in the couple of pages I looked at but there are 100s of entries and the few I tried that where closed would not let me drill down on.
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

Return to “Off topic discussion”