Samsung take my money and gimme gimme

feature=player_embedded

-nothing more needed to say.

macemoneta

Re: Samsung! Take my god damn money!

Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:27 am

Ampix0 said:

-nothing more needed to say.

Actually, the price, connectivity specs, power requirements, and availability would be useful information.

Ampix0

Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:42 am

well if I had that information I would give it.

price doesn't matter. Have to have it.

Tomo2k

Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:59 am

It's probably a high-contrast touchscreen LCD with the backlight removed.

You can probably self-build one, though whether it would have enough contrast is debateable.

These get demoed from time to time but I've never heard of one actually going on sale - probably because they only work in demo.

- If the background is too "busy" or the background lighting is the wrong colour, the picture looks really weird and becomes hard to see.

Plus if it's an actual window then sunlight would probably kill it very quickly.

However, if they are now using the SmartGlass technique, then they've solved that problem though I've never seen that done with any colour other than very deep blue.

DBloke

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:03 am

You could make something like that at home (only cheaper) with a projector, Wii mote, screen.

Lakes

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:03 pm

Anyone want to try and remove the Backlight from their Tv?:)

SeanD

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:56 pm

I saw the demo very briefly at CES.  It is the best I have seen so far and from what I saw (I was being walked past so did not have a chance to ask questions) it is more than just a touch TFT with the backlight removed.  It appeared to have a backlight in it, but somehow that was almost transparent.  You can see it a bit in the video, it has the visual effect of double glazing with the rear pane having a slight frosting.

Burngate

Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:50 pm

I've just watched that you-tube video posted by Lakes, and I kept thinking "What a Dork". But maybe I'm over-critical.

He wasn't sure why he couldn't see his other monitor through this one.

It's because both have crossed polarizers on them - one behind the TFT cells and the other in front, the TFT cells twisting the polarization of the light so that it goes through both.

So if the light is vertically polarized when it leaves the first monitor and the back polrizer of his new screen is horizontal ...

So there you go. If anybody was wondering ... Just being pedantic ...

Lakes

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Yup, there are better videos than that one, thats just one that appeared when I searched youtube, he does tend to ramble on a bit...

Ampix0

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:25 am

Guys, you never heard of OLED? Oled screens can be transparent

SlayingDragons

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:31 pm

I have a few questions: Firstly, where did you obtained money that has been damned by gods? Does this money hold the same value as money that has not been damned by any higher entity? Will samsung accept money that has recieved any type of eternal damnation, or will it have to recieve damnation under special circumstances before it will be accepted? Lastly, does samsung take spiritually damned checks and/or credit cards?

Return to “Off topic discussion”