shunzhi

Choosing a display graphics tablet for photo editing?

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 am

Hey everyone,

I am a industrial designer 3rd student as well as photographer , Looking to invest in a tablet for multiple reasons, but wanted to ask anyone if they have used a good tablet for photo editing? I heard that The difference in mainly in the pen tilt/rotation, pen pressure, screen parallax, expresskeys, multi-touch, and tablet stand. .My friend has an XP-Pen Artist 15.6 ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Artist15-6-192 ... B0785682VP ) 15.6 inch display which is works perfectly, and I am jealous of it. it's a solid beast that's designed for that purpose:

I would like to be able to take a tablet with me instead of my laptop when I travel, and still be able to edit photos. I have looked into XP-Pen Artist 22E pro ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Graphics-Drawi ... B07CP1LMHJ ) 21.5 inch display which looks awesome , are these one recommendable? But before I buy I wanted to get some Info from experienced people.

Things that are important:

-enough processing power and RAM to do the job without pinwheels all day

-good stylus compatibility (any stylus recommendations?)

Thanks in advance!

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Choosing a display graphics tablet for photo editing?

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:25 pm

What is the relation with a raspberry PI here?

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:34 am

mahjongg wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:25 pm
What is the relation with a raspberry PI here?
Probably none, but wait for OP to respond.
Moved to off-topic until then.
Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

Z80 Refugee

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:14 am

There's only one choice as far as I am concerned: 12.9" iPad Pro + Apple Pencil (if you have £850 to spare). Add the Apple Smart Keyboard for another £150 and you have a completely portable workstation. Budget a little more for top quality apps (not expensive by comparison).

There are cheaper ways to go, but always with compromises. It's a question of what compromises you are prepared to make (and always be disappointed with).
Military and Automotive Electronics Design Engineer (retired)

For the best service: make your thread title properly descriptive, and put all relevant details in the first post (including links - don't make us search)!

B.Goode

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:42 am

-enough processing power and RAM to do the job without pinwheels all day

"A pinwheel is a simple child's toy made of a wheel of paper or plastic curls attached at its axle to a stick by a pin. It is designed to spin when blown upon by a person or by the wind." - Wikipedia.

None of my Raspberry Pi boards have, or have ever needed, a pinwheel.

Return to “Off topic discussion”