pdio

My first game or something

Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Dear Members!

This is a small game or something like that. Please feel free to test it, and give feedbacks.
I do not really have a clue, if it is bad or good, or maybe I should forget about anything like this.
I do not really have time for testing, developing is only a few minutes per day.
Please do not be too critical.
I do not even know if it is a normal thing to share it.
It was inspired by a LED strip game I've seen on Arduino blog, but can not find the link now.

EDIT: you need

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install python-imaging-tk
to run.
Attachments
v0.1.zip
(7.46 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Last edited by pdio on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperf3kt

Re: My first game or something

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:11 pm

7.46kb

You sure its a game, not a virus or "something"
Google is ubiquitous - Try it today, it's free!
https://opensource.com/life/16/10/how-ask-technical-questions

WillBoxGaming1

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:55 am

I get an error about a missing module called ImageTK. I started up Python 2 since it looked like it was made for this version. Any tips? And whats the game about?

WillBoxGaming1

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:57 am

Imperf3kt wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:11 pm
7.46kb

You sure its a game, not a virus or "something"
He wrote all of his code in python, only has a few lines of code. He doesnt even use images. Secondo, why do you say its a virus? Because its light? I think that doesnt make much sense.... Have a great day tho :)

Imperf3kt

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:31 am

I don't actually think its a virus. I was trying to point out that with such a pathetic sales pitch, not many people will care about this something game.

I personally have a few "rules" I follow when downloading stuff:
NO shortened links, ever.
NO redirectors like Adfly etc
Don't bother if the creator couldn't be bothered explaining what I will be downloading. About as much effort probably went into it.

pdio

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 am

You are right, my advertisement is a piece of (insert bad word). You need apt-get python-imaging-tk, so it can import that. The game is very simple, called 'D' because you play in one dimension. You are a blue block on the left and have to go all the way to the right to complete the level. You will have enemies to fight. Right now it only has 13 or so levels, after that the last one is repeated until you die. It is a few lines python 2 could be fewer cloud be better first try. I have a ton of ideas, but I don't know if this is going in the right direction.

Imperf3kt

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:21 am

There you go, thats much better and now I'm slightly interested.

Good job making it, I'll probably check it out of curiosity's sake later and maybe offer some feedback.

WillBoxGaming1

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:50 pm

pdio wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 am
You need apt-get python-imaging-tk,
I tried your command and it doesnt seems to works. I tried the following and it seems to works well!

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install python-imaging-tk
It may seem basic, but yeah I had a little trouble installing the library x) You should also update the guide to install your game in the original post. Brb im going to test your game :)

EDIT: Game is fun! Works well on 1280 x 720 resolution. Could have better graphics tho, and wayy beter blood effects. I like it! :)

pdio

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:28 am

Blood seems to be out of control. It is more like an explosion. A little too much, I don't even turn it on, for testing only. Should it be less, or slower? Graphics won't change a lot, these are tkinter frames, they don't have many options to work with. Maybe I could use images, but I don't know how that would work on different resolutions, I'll have to stretch them. It should also display highscore and attack damage and range. Thank you for the feedback.

Return to “Off topic discussion”