Kimchi

Smart CCTV streaming problems

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:27 pm

My friends and I have created an smart cctv using raspberry pi and we want to access it from anywhere through a software installed on a pc or laptop. Someone recommended using vpn so we have installed Hamachi LogMeIn. The problem is that when using direct tunnel, the video seems fine. But with a relayed tunnel, the delay is way too long and the video appears like slideshow images. We've tried all the tutorials on tunnel problems but it doesn't work. You guys have any idea how to fix this? It's been bothering us for days. Would greatly appreciate your help.

topguy

Re: Smart CCTV streaming problems

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:19 pm

I'm guessing the relayed tunnel goes trough a server located somewhere in the world or ?
So reduced performance sound very reasonable to expect.

Most posts I see on the subject is about how to get rid of relayed tunnel and back into direct tunnel. And the main cause of relayed tunnel is lack of UPnP (or portforwarding) in the routers so that a direct tunnel can not be established between two computers.

WillBoxGaming1

Re: Smart CCTV streaming problems

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:06 am

You really should port forward instead of using any third-party software to do the <<Sharing>> job. Assuming your camera is accessible from a browser, your server should be hosted on port 80. Just check online for a tut on how to port-forward with your router s model. If you did it right, you should be able to access it from http://(your_ip)/ from any other connection (this is including your connection, obviously) . If your router doesnt allow you to port forward to port 80 (like mine) just try port 81. You should now be able to access it from http://(your_ip):81

And just a quick reminder, when it will ask you to choose between TCP or UDP, choose TCP.

I really hope this helps you!

Return to “Off topic discussion”