Jongoleur
Location: O'erlooking the sea, and all those effin windfarms...

Re: Watching, and waiting.......

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Sooooooooooooooooooooo....

How often are you going to be either checking email or accessing raspberrypi.org from now until the New Year to catch the announcment of the beta boards on ebay/release of the production boards?

I'm going to check frequently...
8-)
I'm just a bouncer, splatterers do it with more force.....

problemchild

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:54 pm

It as become rather a ritual although I'm getting somewhat bored with it now.
No doubt whe I finaly give up it will sudenly appear in my mail box

tumblebomb

Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Well, my email is always on via my phone so I'm not really thinking abotu it. Too much cake and booze has me occupied this time of year. :)

abishur

Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:26 pm

I tend to check the front page whenever I drop by the forums since I figure they'll post pics of the populated board before they e-mail about it ;)
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

campsec

Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:43 pm

It's like 10,000 cats ready to pounce lol. You would think the anticipation would kill off some of us but it hasn't. I'd just like to say the whole Raspberry Pi Foundation is doing a great job. I wish everyone a great holiday season and I look forward to whatever the new year brings us. (Hopefully a stocking full of Raspberry Pi's!) Cheers.

obarthelemy

Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:18 pm

I feel dusty-ish ^^

abishur

Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:07 pm

huh, I had no idea that's who sung that song. Live and learn.
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

BlackAdder

Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Liz has stated that we'll be given ample forwarning so we shouldn't have to check very frequently (but of course we still do!)

For suggesting that maybe the foundation members would be spared from the continuous 'when will it be available' questions by posting an estimated availability date on the home page, I received a tongue lashing from Liz (which sounds like an enjoyable experience but, believe me, it isn't! ;-). I chalk it down to the last month stresses they must be under and wish everyone a well deserved Chrismas break.

obarthelemy

Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:49 pm

They're in an uncomfortable position:
- the minute they lay out an expected date, they'll get held up to it, no matter how many caveats they tack on to it.
- any unexpected delays can only come from goof-ups from either themselves, "preferential" suppliers (the ones that give them good to extremely good deals: Broadcom, the factory...), or regular suppliers. You don't want to piss off any of those 3, especially as a penny-less startup forging ahead on pure goodwill ^^.

So, it makes sense for them to stay mum, so as not to attract nor pass on blame. Let's agree amongst ourselves that it will be end of January, and enjoy our pagan then Christian then antichristian now whatever Holidays.

cruzzer

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:23 am

Yeah I guess that's what the brain says and accepts, but dam that would have been awesome :)

Return to “Off topic discussion”