qaron

Its NOT Worth IT!!!!!

Sat May 07, 2016 10:50 am

i own a RPI2. I'm telling you ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!! price i bought this c****y board was less than 50 euro... i ve spent some time and effort to make up my mind of which Os is good or not. my conclusions are these:
1.Android platform i believe would be the best for a standard user like my parents!! i mean if the gpu was working and with stremio.apk thats now online!! the android platform is so laggy and i believe that the cpu is a piece of *** also!!! + no gpu acc...!!
2. Chromium Os was promising also now that the webkit was finally working but you cant use-compile-run android apps here... i tried with the twerk or Arc wielder to make the apk runnable in this but... (always a fucking BUT!!!) cpu was soooooo slow, ram was sooooo small and of course no GPU acceleration either etc etc
3.***** the rest os in here because you dont want to run a server or something o to replay the the signal and watch the movie from rpi that was running on your other pc! i tried raspbian and no flash player the most of the problems or linux apps. you know the whole problem is that we have arm architecture in rpi cpu thats incompatible with 99,9% of the linux apps that are specificly created to be run in i686 or X86_64 cpus...

my conclusion is this plz DONT BUY THIS *****!!! ITS NOT WORTHING A CENT!! buy a minimal pc with 150euros that runs everything and is compatible with everything!! i know what they say in here.. rpi ROCK etc etc.. the same are being said with the mac ***** but in the end its full of *****!! all you want is a regular pc that runs everything without a ****** problem!! browsing the web, watching videos, movies and the most important with no lags!!! with rpi 2 i had problems
a) no gpu driver means no acceleration on the box... i downloaded yesterday the raspbian os and still was stuck with 4.2 kernel and the 4.4-4.5 kernels have acceleration on the box!! (******!!)
b) the cpu is 4 cores and it lags like a *******!!!! my laptop with core duo is running faster!!!!! *****???
c) the ram is small and slow!! and with no ****** ram upgrade possible!!! ***** ****** GOOD JOB!!!
d) plz to the people that are believing this ******!! stop listening from nobodies that are thinking they are good tech guys!! a good tech guy should and would always tell the truth!!! RPIs are SLOW, ******!!!STOP SPREADING LIES!!!!!
CHECK how much advertisement had this ***** boards!! and for what?? check everyone that are yelling ps4 mustnt run linux!! ps4 is a power pc locked that if someone manages tho unlock it with 400 bucks you buy a ***** monster!! and here is less that 50 bucks that it lags like a *****!!!!!

moderated, editing out the worst expletives.....

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Its NOT Worth IT!!!!!

Sat May 07, 2016 2:59 pm

Caveat emptor!
what did you expect?

make sure that something is what you need before you buy it.

this is a small system for learning how to program, not a desktop replacement.

also, you are a foul mouthed spoiled brat!

Rive

Sat May 07, 2016 3:02 pm

lol :lol: roflmao

Your first mistake was going with a Pi2. Should have got a Pi3 instead (twice as fast, with built in wifi and bt).

You can turn the $35 Pi3 into an awesome little powerhouse PC, that will rival most of the $200 tablets on the market in terms of performance... It is slick with Chrome browser (chromium), and versatile (especially if you are like me and use alot of the Google apps) . As for flash...it is a dying platform that even Android and Apple have ditched years ago. ;)

On mine I have an MP3 player, torrent client, video player, antivirus, image manipulator (like windows snipping tool), I can watch youtube with ease, and I can turn off monitor (not blank it), and lock the screen from the keyboard, etc. There is pretty much nothing I cannot do with mine (that can be done on my Windows venue 8 pro 3000 series Delltab...except for netflix of course).

Mine is overclocked, and pretty fast all around, from the processor, to the ram, to the sdcard itself. it also supports OpenGL (which can easily be enabled). Everything I have done to customize mine I have posted in threads for others if they want.

All for around $80

Raspbian (Debian) Jessie Pi3:
Last edited by Rive on Sat May 07, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 20 times in total.
DNPNWO

epoch1970

Sat May 07, 2016 3:04 pm

So now you can resell your Pi.
I'm sure you'll easily find a buyer.
(but do polish a bit your sales pitch ;)
"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème." Les Shadoks, J. Rouxel

kusti8

Sat May 07, 2016 3:11 pm

This is funny.

So, who bought the 8 million Pis. You seem to be under the impression that you can get a full computer that does everything to your whims as fast as a desktop for $35. Does that sound realistic? Who wants android?

You seem to know what you want and expect everything to conform to that, at $35. If you learned to use alternatives or the Pi some chance instead of dismissing it because it doesn't look like what you're used to, you would love it.

I have nothing more to say.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Dis93

Sat May 07, 2016 3:19 pm

This is the funniest thing I've read on the internet today.

jojopi

Sat May 07, 2016 3:24 pm

qaron wrote:the whole problem is that we have arm architecture in rpi cpu thats incompatible with 99,9% of the linux apps that are specificly created to be run in i686 or X86_64 cpus...
Actually 97.7% of the 42248 binary packages that are available in Debian amd64 are also available in Raspbian armhf.

Almost all "Linux apps" are open source, portable, and not hardware specific.

Heater

Sat May 07, 2016 3:24 pm

qaron,

What a sad tale you tell.

It's sad that you don't understand what a Pi is and what it is for.

I'm sure you will be happier when you find the perfect television.

Or are you just a troll?
Last edited by Heater on Sat May 07, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

stderr

Sat May 07, 2016 4:28 pm

Rive wrote:lol :lol: roflmao
Last edited by Rive on Sat May 07, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 20 times in total. ]
I'd just like to know how you managed to edit that post 20 times.

Cancelor

Sat May 07, 2016 4:34 pm

moderated, editing out the worst expletives.....
Last edited by Cancelor on Sat May 07, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can't find the thread you want? Try googling : YourSearchHere site:raspberrypi.org

Rive

Sat May 07, 2016 4:34 pm

stderr wrote:
Rive wrote:lol :lol: roflmao
Last edited by Rive on Sat May 07, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 20 times in total. ]
I'd just like to know how you managed to edit that post 20 times.
Typo fixes, punctuation, and afterthoughts. I have a bad habit of editing my posts afterwards. Anything I post isn't really finished until an hour or so later. ;)
DNPNWO

qaron

Sat May 07, 2016 5:20 pm

kusti8 wrote:This is funny.

So, who bought the 8 million Pis. You seem to be under the impression that you can get a full computer that does everything to your whims as fast as a desktop for $35. Does that sound realistic? Who wants android?

You seem to know what you want and expect everything to conform to that, at $35. If you learned to use alternatives or the Pi some chance instead of dismissing it because it doesn't look like what you're used to, you would love it.

I have nothing more to say.
ok im confused, so you are telling me that 8 million piss were bought this cheese for learning coding and programming with a platform slower than death itself... you know that most people have single core pcs in their houses for exactly the same experiments...
dont know guys its sad to toss your old pc while its still working to buy a cheese for the same thing... sorry i wasted 2 weeks to make it work, i tried everything but in the end i tossed it, it was a garbage!! my old pc is more compatible in every category than this cheese. it can actualy run popcorn time 32bit!! can you imagine that?? no kodi no plex no popcorn time plugin etc

rpdom

Sat May 07, 2016 5:24 pm

qaron wrote:ok im confused
Yes. You are. :lol:

Rive

Sat May 07, 2016 5:24 pm

@qaron

That is what you get when you buy a slow as molasses Pi2. What were you expecting? :shock:

If you wanted something that would function as a decent desktop, you should have went with a Pi3 and overclocked it. ;)
DNPNWO

PeterO

Sat May 07, 2016 5:28 pm

qaron wrote:
ok im confused, so you are telling me that 8 million piss were bought this cheese for learning coding and programming with a platform slower than death itself.
No we're saying 8 million have been sold. The other rubbish is stuff you added. You are not confused, you are deluded !

PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

qaron

Sat May 07, 2016 5:30 pm

mahjongg wrote:Caveat emptor!
what did you expect?

make sure that something is what you need before you buy it.

this is a small system for learning how to program, not a desktop replacement.

also, you are a foul mouthed spoiled brat!
so tell me how much more for a cpu 32bit instead of this ARM cheese?? my problem was that this arm architecture is incompatible with everything!! and i mean everything!!! how mush your boss paid these guys to tell suck BS i wonder!!!

Burngate

Sat May 07, 2016 5:33 pm

The thing about that old PC is that the rest of the family need it working. Even if it's only for facebook.

Get a Pi, you can break it as much as you like - in fact mine spend most of their time broken - and my laptop can still order my groceries

And learning to get the most out of limited resources - memory, so-on - will stand you in good stead when you get a job in the real world.
Just cramming more memory into a box to get round a memory leak isn't the best strategy (though it happened where I worked)

Of course, if you want to stand in front of a camera looking pretty, you could learn how to swipe at an Android pad - that's what news presenters seem to do - but the bit behind the cameras is far more interesting (and you can take the whole country off-air - I knew a guy who did it with a pneumatic drill)

qaron

Sat May 07, 2016 5:34 pm

PeterO wrote:
qaron wrote:
ok im confused, so you are telling me that 8 million piss were bought this cheese for learning coding and programming with a platform slower than death itself.
No we're saying 8 million have been sold. The other rubbish is stuff you added. You are not confused, you are deluded !

PeterO
ok let me tell you an example!! some people will buy the MAC PRO 1500 bucks and its not a gaming pc, its not even unlocked, you spend so much money for a pc that should do wonders and it doesnt!! on the other hand you spend 35 $ for a cheese instead of using your old pc to do the same job!! and Im the deluded one!! man you ve got issues..

kusti8

Sat May 07, 2016 5:39 pm

qaron wrote:
PeterO wrote:
qaron wrote:

PeterO
ok let me tell you an example!! some people will buy the MAC PRO 1500 bucks and its not a gaming pc, its not even unlocked, you spend so much money for a pc that should do wonders and it doesnt!! on the other hand you spend 35 $ for a cheese instead of using your old pc to do the same job!! and Im the deluded one!! man you ve got issues..
You're really missing the point. It's not about having a computer (although what do you expect for $35?) buy about learning to program and using it for projects. I'm making one to text me when the washing machine is done. Try fitting a huge $300 laptop in the rafters when a $35 Pi will do just right.

But for a 32 bit Intel chip, the Pi would cost around $100-$150. A ton of programs run on the Pi. If you actually told us what you would like nicely, we would be able to help you because chances are it's been asked before, but you went on a huge rant which helps nobody

Burngate

Sat May 07, 2016 5:41 pm

People buy things for many reasons, and that includes Macs, PCs, Ipads as well as R-Pis
Many of those reasons don't make sense to anyone else, but they're still valid to that individual.

So just because you don't like my reasons, don't make out that I'm a nutcase for buying something you don't want.

qaron

Sat May 07, 2016 5:42 pm

qaron wrote:
PeterO wrote:
qaron wrote:

PeterO
you have android phones with 2 cores and are quicker than 4 cores pi2!! you install the raspbian with epiphany browser and no flash plugin!! good job!! i didnt bought the pi for coding i bought it for my tv but it didnt pass not even one category in which i had in mind!! and you are believing that this sanitary napkin is the BEST! omg big issues..!

Burngate

Sat May 07, 2016 5:48 pm

I don't have an Android phone.
I didn't buy a Pi for my TV (it can buy its own if it wants one ;) )

Can you tell us more about yourself?
Perhaps if you live somewhere near one of us, you could organise a trade with them?

Jednorozec

Sat May 07, 2016 5:49 pm

Please don't slam the door on your way out. :twisted:
The most important leg of a three legged stool is the one that's missing.
It's called thinking. Why don't you try it sometime?

qaron

Sat May 07, 2016 5:51 pm

you are right!! its my bad and im sorry but i would prefer 150 $ for an intel chip than this!! and the worst part is that i wasted my 35$ instead of buying something useful for my case! but anyway i tossed now and i enjoyed it! you should create a post like this and inform others for this cheese !

kusti8

Sat May 07, 2016 5:56 pm

qaron wrote:you are right!! its my bad and im sorry but i would prefer 150 $ for an intel chip than this!! and the worst part is that i wasted my 35$ instead of buying something useful for my case! but anyway i tossed now and i enjoyed it! you should create a post like this and inform others for this cheese!
No, I won't create a post like this because what you are describing is

1) not true
or
2) not an actual problem for a $35 computer

And I've never experienced or ran into any such problems that you are describing.

It's funny, when people don't like something they always refer to it like Macs to create for themselves a sense of belonging and reason, when they are in the minority that are complaining.

Return to “Off topic discussion”