morbeline

Your story?

Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi folks!

I am doing some research, and I really want to her your story when you first discovered Raspberry Pi! ;)
How did you find out about it? How much tech knowledge did you have from before?
Where did the interest comes from? And at last: why did you start using it and is the same reason you keep using it years after?

Would also love to talk to some of you if you are in Boston area and learn more!

Have a beautiful day!

fruitoftheloom

Re: Your story?

Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:06 pm

morbeline wrote:Hi folks!

I am doing some research, and I really want to her your story when you first discovered Raspberry Pi! ;)
How did you find out about it? How much tech knowledge did you have from before?
Where did the interest comes from? And at last: why did you start using it and is the same reason you keep using it years after?

Would also love to talk to some of you if you are in Boston area and learn more!

Have a beautiful day!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_ ... on)#Places
Retired disgracefully.....

morbeline

Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:08 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:

Have a beautiful day!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_ ... on)#Places

Haha! Boston, MA is the answer.

TigerClawTV

Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:47 pm

I'm an IT professional from Maryland. My discovery of the Pi isn't related to my professional career though. I bought an Ouya a couple years back as a low cost gaming solution.

Ouya was a mess. Along the rocky experience i had with that console, I heard Raspberry Pi mentioned as another low cost solution for playing old Atari games and things like that.

Ouya was finally sold to a company called Razor a month ago. even though the company was sold, they still have the store open selling software to unsuspecting users.

I researched Raspberry Pi as an alternative low cost gaming solution for running Mame and what not.
May I have an internet please? One internet here. Thanks.

boyoh

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:34 pm

TigerClawTV wrote:I'm an IT professional from Maryland. My discovery of the Pi isn't related to my professional career though. I bought an Ouya a couple years back as a low cost gaming solution.

Ouya was a mess. Along the rocky experience i had with that console, I heard Raspberry Pi mentioned as another low cost solution for playing old Atari games and things like that.

Ouya was finally sold to a company called Razor a month ago. even though the company was sold, they still have the store open selling software to unsuspecting users.

I researched Raspberry Pi as an alternative low cost gaming solution for running Mame and what not.
I'm very interested in you research into using
the RaspberryPi as a gaming computer.
What conclusion did your research come to.
BoyOh ( Selby, North Yorkshire.UK)
Some Times Right Some Times Wrong

Malman35

Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:08 am

How did you find out about it?
I found out about rpi from my dad last year. My dad heard it on one of Leo Laports tech podcast.
morbeline wrote:How much tech knowledge did you have from before?
Only tech like stuff I had done before was working on my dad's internet radio and building with snap circuits (like lego but circuit pieces)
morbeline wrote:Where did the interest comes from?
I have always had a interest in tech, codes, stopmotion, legos, and private planes!!!!! (especially the cessna 206)
morbeline wrote: And at last: why did you start using it and is the same reason you keep using it years after?
hmm I think it was because I wanted to be able to make really neat things with computers. Well I guess I keep using it to keep upgrading my html website that i built completely using code, and to learn new things that might come in handy when I am older. (i am 14)

metalj

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:06 am

I found out about the rpi on twitter from a tech blog. I have experience with basic and dos and windows. The rpi is the best coding computer and I will use it until something better comes out for adults.
Backspace 28 times :)

timfri

Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:15 am

I read about in a German computer magazine. Afterwards I just had to buy one. Until now I own two boards.
As a mechanical engineer it helps me to widen horizons. :idea:

TigerClawTV

Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:06 pm

boyoh wrote: I'm very interested in you research into using
the RaspberryPi as a gaming computer.
What conclusion did your research come to.
My RP hasn't come in the mail yet. If you read the latest feature of TheMagPi there is an article about an individual who built a cocktail cabnet (old sit down style arcade machine) which is powered by the Raspberry Pi. That and the RetroPi OS makes it look like an attractive choice for playing old games.

As far as anything new to play, I don't hear much. There was an article about game design with Python for the Raspberry Pi in that same issue, but I won't have any first hand experience to share until my device shows up.
May I have an internet please? One internet here. Thanks.

pkManu

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:53 pm

I read about this RPi in a site between many articles, I found it interesting and I bought it.

Return to “Off topic discussion”