Kingdoms of Amalur

4 posts
by liz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:23 pm
1) Took all day to download and install *despite* the fact I'd bought a hard copy. (Seriously: eight hours in all battling with EA's new community thingbat and getting it to recognise my login from their old system, and then downloading the game itself - which should have come on the DVD.)
2) Turns out to make me VERY motion sick.

Unimpressed. Has anyone played it and liked it?
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
by ukscone » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:58 pm
no need to ask me as we all know how rubbish I am at any computer game with graphics that move faster than a game of chess or bridge :)
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
by asb » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:18 pm
Anyone who hasn't followed 38 Studios will find the Wikipedia article which covers their bankruptcy rather interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/38_Studios

I think this thread is the perfect opportunity to flaunt my extremist no DRM on video games stance (hooray for GOG.com, humblebundle.com and others).
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
by liz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:54 am
Agreed - the whole saga has been fascinating (and a bit wince-inducing) to watch. I actually bought the game a couple of months ago, before they turned up their toes; just hadn't had the time to install it until today. (And didn't really have the time today, but that's another story!)
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi