DougieLawson

Re: A 2 inches Mini PC that runs ANDROID 4.4 KITKAT like a p

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:57 am

jamesh wrote: Worth noting that irony and sarcasm don't often comes across when written down...
And that's the whole reason for the mess of emoticons that are supposed to help folks notice the irony/sarcasm. They don't work. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

toxibunny

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:55 pm

irony detected!
note: I may or may not know what I'm talking about...

abishur

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:46 pm

chris11114 wrote: Yeah, I can see your point, but I've coded for Android quite a bit and you can definetely use it to learn programming and so on...
Not to pedantic here, but did you learn to program by creating programs FOR android or by creating programs ON an android device without any additional external computer?
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

DougieLawson

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:05 pm

abishur wrote: Not to pedantic here, but did you learn to program by creating programs FOR android or by creating programs ON an android device without any additional external computer?
I wrote an Android hello world application using the exceedingly bloated Eclipse ADK on Windows using the emulator for alpha testing and using my HTC phone with debugging mode enabled (that was with Gingerbread) as a beta test. I got the same thing running on a Tesco Hudl (running Jelly Bean) by enabling developer mode on that tablet and installing an ADB driver to connect to it.

I got bored of Android, because the Raspberry Pi is more interesting and haven't tried it on my Hudl2 (running KitKat).
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

riklaunim

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:07 am

bertwert wrote: Raspberry Pi is DEFINITELY more interesting than using a Android phone or tablet and playing games.
Though I have used the Eclipse ADK, but the emulator is so slow!
That depends if you want to be paid for your dev work and/or make apps of high user base ;) And playing games on Android is rather more popular than Raspberry if you count users and their activity frequency... http://www.memecenter.com/fun/579731/android

Return to “Off topic discussion”