someguy123

Keep getting "The solution is incorrect" errors in the forum

Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:17 pm

When trying to register, and then when writing my first forum post, I kept getting an error/warning message from the forum software saying "The solution is incorrect". I was taking this to mean that a CAPTCHA wasn't being completed, but one was never being presented to me.

This is happening when using Chrome (89.0). To register, I had to switch to Edge and it finally went through. On the forum post, I had to hit Submit twice in Chrome and it went through the second time.

My Chrome install has uBlock Origin (disabled for the site) and Privacy Badger (also disabled for the site). So I'm not sure what might be causing these errors. If there's something else I need to do to use the site/forum without hitting these errors, I'd appreciate any pointers. Thanks.

swampdog

Re: Keep getting "The solution is incorrect" errors in the forum

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:13 pm

With firefox (on desktop linux PC) with uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, disabled for this site, no problem since whenever it was (years ago) that I registered. I do have a javascript disabler but that is enabled. The only other plugin is "Video DownloadHelper" which is a youtube thing and unlikely to be relevant.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'd be able to register afresh using the current config but I suspect I could. Methinks the best debug path is to install firefox+ublock+privacybadger and see if it fails.

madbilly

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:53 am

Hi all,

I get this too. I think it's caused by Firefox tracking protection blocking the google analytics cookies (quite rightly).

Mods, please can you get this fixed? The only way I can get it to work is to use a private browsing window and disable tracking protection.

Cheers

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:24 am

Our suspicion is that this is due to the reCAPTCHA system we are using to block spam registrations. We had to set this high as we were getting a LOT of spam getting through. We are reluctant to reduce it as the moderator demands increase dramatically.

You should see the reCAPTCHA logo in the bottom right hand corner of the page when it is working so if you have any sort of JS blocking or blocking of Google's servers, it is possible/likely this will prevent the reCAPTCHA working too.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Working in the Application's Team.

madbilly

Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:29 pm

Hi Jamesh,

Thank you for the explanation. Well it doesn't seem to be happening any more today which is good. When it did happen I did disable all the tracking protection and it still didn't work, I had to go to private browsing and disable tracking protection to make it work.

Cheers :)

waow

Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:58 am

I am also facing this issue. I have posted a thread which is awaiting approval (since the reCaptcha didn't show up) and I'm wondering whether my thread will be approved at all.

6by9

Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:38 pm

waow wrote:
I am also facing this issue. I have posted a thread which is awaiting approval (since the reCaptcha didn't show up) and I'm wondering whether my thread will be approved at all.
Approval of first posts is a manual process.
I'm assuming viewtopic.php?f=41&t=316063&p=1890762#p1890762 is your other post, which has been approved.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

waow

Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:42 pm

6by9 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:38 pm
waow wrote:
Approval of first posts is a manual process.
I'm assuming viewtopic.php?f=41&t=316063&p=1890762#p1890762 is your other post, which has been approved.
Yes, that is indeed my first post. Thanks for the explanation! I also got the message "The solution is incorrect" when trying to post the thread, so I assumed it had something to do with the reCaptcha.

Return to “Off topic discussion”