BossCoding

Re: What search engine do you use?

Thu May 13, 2021 8:19 pm

Mozilla Firefox-esr works best on raspberry pi . especially associated with google

use this code to get it.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install firefox-esr

RaspbianUser1

Thu May 13, 2021 9:42 pm

The question was search engine, not browser
Running with a Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB with Raspberry Pi OS with MATE Desktop
Why not overclock, push some more performance out of your computer!
Think before you delete something a stranger on the internet told you to.

Heater

Fri May 14, 2021 12:12 am

Imperf3kt wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:02 pm
Why do you assume I think everything in English? I know three languages, English is only my main/original language.
Sorry, yes, I should have said "your mother tongue" or some such to indicate the language(s) you normally find yourself thinking in. Rather the assuming English.
Imperf3kt wrote:
So you think that just because Google analytics decides that I'd probably buy a certain product and shows me an ad about it, that I'm going to rush out and buy it?
No. Not so directly.
Imperf3kt wrote:
I asked people not to insult my intelligence.
No insult intended. Nothing said about anyones intelligence here.
Imperf3kt wrote:
If said product in the ad was of interest to me, I'd look at the product, decide if I needed it, if I could afford it and if there were better alternatives. I'm not a mindless moron who's actions are dictated by the ads he ignores on a website.
Exactly. That is how I think most of us would say we operate.

As you say, if you see something advertised then after whatever thought processes and investigation you might buy it. I think you will agree that if you never saw the thing advertised it's likely you would never hear of it and and hence never buy it.

And so we see that the ever present, pervasive soup of advertising we live in today does indeed shape our thoughts and actions profoundly.

On top of that we rarely have the full information at hand to make a fully informed rational decision about anything. We end up going with our gut. Essential reducing that "free agency" we all like to think we have to a more or less random decision process, heavily influenced by the environment it operates in. Even for the least "mindless moron" of people.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

BossCoding

Fri May 14, 2021 1:20 am

RaspbianUser1 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:42 pm
The question was search engine, not browser
hah, sorry. busy day. lol
i use google

Return to “Off topic discussion”