RomoBoom

Window bug on Pi 2b-3b+-4

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:13 pm

So.
Do you know how you can move a window by dragging the title bar?
How you can click on the X, -, and box in the top corner?
How you can change the window size?

Well that doesn't work on my pi
This has happened consistently to my pi2b, 3b+, and pi4 after adding the Desktop Pager to the taskbar via "Add Panel Items" and editing the Desktop Pager settings.
the only way to stop this from happening is to completely reset my pi to factory settings.
I have also worked out that the reason why this problem is happening originates from something in the /home/pi folder, as I saved this on a USB and replaced the reset /home/pi folder with the faulty one and, after a restart, the problem started up again.

Please help, because otherwise, I will have to systematically replace all of the files in the /pi folder with the reset ones (which needs a restart after every change to it) and that will be a large pain in the ass.

klricks

Re: Window bug on Pi 2b-3b+-4

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:59 pm

RomoBoom wrote:
So.
Do you know how you can move a window by dragging the title bar?
How you can click on the X, -, and box in the top corner?
How you can change the window size?

Well that doesn't work on my pi
This has happened consistently to my pi2b, 3b+, and pi4 after adding the Desktop Pager to the taskbar via "Add Panel Items" and editing the Desktop Pager settings.
the only way to stop this from happening is to completely reset my pi to factory settings.
I have also worked out that the reason why this problem is happening originates from something in the /home/pi folder, as I saved this on a USB and replaced the reset /home/pi folder with the faulty one and, after a restart, the problem started up again.

Please help, because otherwise, I will have to systematically replace all of the files in the /pi folder with the reset ones (which needs a restart after every change to it) and that will be a large pain in the ass.
I have no problem when adding desktops then editing the desktop names with obconf,
There were problems with a really old Stretch update that were fixed.

See my post here about coping the default xml file. Not sure if it will work now?: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=245458
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPiOS Buster w/ Desktop OS.

RomoBoom

Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:19 am

didnt work.

PeterO

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:14 am

RomoBoom wrote:
Exactly what (and how) are you editing them ?
PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

RomoBoom

Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:54 pm

if I change any setting in the Desktop Pager Settings, it starts happening

scruss

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:33 pm

You've upgraded your system incrementally from an installation older than Raspberry Pi OS 2020-05-27, haven't you? Sounds like you've got the same problem as seen in the Re: workspaces, more than 1. thread.

Resetting your display defaults (Preferences → Screen Appearance → Defaults, then pick one) will fix it. The only true fix is a fresh reinstall.

Since the official line is that you're supposed to do a clean install to the latest and greatest as soon as it comes out, this will not be addressed as the Raspberry Pi OS can't ever replicate it.
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.
Pronouns: he/him

RomoBoom

Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:37 am

something interesting:
a visual bug on .io websites has resolved itself without me doing anything :)
so that's a plus

Return to “Off topic discussion”