Luedtkey

Compatibility to RPI 7" DSI Screen (P/N 8997466)

Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:05 pm

Hello,

I am trying to use a ST product (STM32F769I-DISCO) with the 7" Raspberry Pi MISI DPI screen (P/N: 8997466). STM offers a bridge adapter board which offers compatibility from their Discovery board to a Raspberry Pi Display (P/N: B-LCDAD-RPI1). That schematic is attached and matches that of a Raspberry Pi Touchscreen. However when it is hooked up, the screen is completely black, but when hooked up to the Pi it works as it should (so no Hardware issues).

I have a few questions regarding some of the communication protocols of the Screen. Is there Drivers for that specific touchscreen that need to be implemented first and what is the I2C address of the touchscreen? None of this information is provided via the Internet.

Is there anything I am missing in order to get these products to be compatible?

I would appreciate any help at all/ suggestions.

Thank You!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (14.56 KiB) Viewed 307 times

aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: Compatibility to RPI 7" DSI Screen (P/N 8997466)

Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:11 am

To get it right: your intention is to connect the RPi 7in to your STM board, right?

As STM offers an adapter they should offer a 'display driver' (speaking of software here) as well.

If you only need to know the I2C communication I would recommend to connect a logic analyser and sniff the init sequence.
Maybe you will be able to find details on the touch protocol in the related drivers, as I would not expect the foundation will disclose it here.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:12 am

Moved to off topic - it works on the Pi so nothing to do with us.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I own the world’s worst thesaurus. Not only is it awful, it’s awful."

Luedtkey

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:55 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:11 am
To get it right: your intention is to connect the RPi 7in to your STM board, right?

As STM offers an adapter they should offer a 'display driver' (speaking of software here) as well.

If you only need to know the I2C communication I would recommend to connect a logic analyser and sniff the init sequence.
Maybe you will be able to find details on the touch protocol in the related drivers, as I would not expect the foundation will disclose it here.
Correct, that is my intention.

I have spoken to them about a display driver but said that is not their responsibility for it is not an STM product that we are seeking to communicate with.

thank you for the I2C communiaction suggestion, we will see if we can find that information out.

Carter

Return to “Off topic discussion”