CQpi

Help with something real quick.

Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:32 am

Hello, not sure where to start this post so I put it in a corner, hopefully the post will find it's correct home with the help of admins.

Anyway, I recently got my Pi and have a few questions about it;

1. I have an LCD attached and fully functioning, however, when I plug it into the monitor, the LCD still works but my monitor is cloning the LCD screen instead of making a new one, how can I fix this.

2. How do I use my Pi to stream my PC, I want to use my Pi to connect to my PC from work to play basic games... Mostly MTGA (Magic the Gathering Arena)

3. What is everyone else using their Pi's for?

Thanks,

CQ.

W. H. Heydt

Re: Help with something real quick.

Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:47 pm

First things first...
What model of Pi are you using?
What OS are you running on your Pi?
CQpi wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:32 am
2. How do I use my Pi to stream my PC, I want to use my Pi to connect to my PC from work to play basic games... Mostly MTGA (Magic the Gathering Arena)
This will be subject to network latency.
3. What is everyone else using their Pi's for?
Many, many things... From an alarm clock (Pi2Bv1.1, 7" RPF screen, speakers) to data entry workstations (up to 5 Pi2Bv1.1) to convention registration backend/server (migrating to 2 Pi4B4, SSD, RTC). An electronic name badge (Pi0W). Portable audio player (Pi3A+, battery, headphones). Portable note taking system (Pi2Bv1.1, RTC, RPF 7" screen, battery, keyboard, mouse). Travel alarm (Pi2Bv1.1, RTC, 7" RTF screen, WiFi dongle, speakers, keyboard with embedded trackball). And other projects.

There are so many things that can be done with a Pi....

topguy

Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:46 pm

2:
https://www.pcmag.com/feature/370997/ho ... m-pc-games
Not sure how it works over internet.

CQpi

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:53 pm

I'm using Raspbian, though I want to switch to windows (But I'm worried my LCD screen will stop working and I won't be able to find out how to fix it.)

Also, when I plug in my Monitor, it just duplicates the LCD screen instead of extending automatically and it doesn't give me the Monitor option to change it.

Is there also a way I can rotate the LCD Screen?

W. H. Heydt

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:41 pm

CQpi wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:53 pm
I'm using Raspbian, though I want to switch to windows (But I'm worried my LCD screen will stop working and I won't be able to find out how to fix it.)
Windows, as in MS Windows, does not run on a Pi. Windows for ARM has not be released for the Pi, nor have I heard of any indication that it ever will be.
Is there also a way I can rotate the LCD Screen?
Yes. It's a setting /boot/config.txt.

alphanumeric

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:14 am

Windows 10 Internet Of Things will run on a Raspberry Pi, calling it "Windows" is IMHO a stretch though. Its a pretty basic not much of anything interface. And likely not the Windows the OP was thinking he might run on a Pi.

Return to “Off topic discussion”