silverfox0786

Version 1 Unassembled Gertboard (TM)

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:50 pm

has anyone got a Version 1 unassembled gertboard (TM) for sale

really would love to get my hands on one please

malakai

Re: Version 1 Unassembled Gertboard (TM)

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:59 pm

I know of some in the US maybe the weak US dollar can help make it worth while for you http://www.shopavies.com/ixxocart/produ ... 46-41.html

They are registered here on the forums and do post from time to time. Maybe just send an email through their site to see what they can do to help. (I have purchased several products from them and they are very professional and have great customer service)
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

silverfox0786

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:15 pm

thanks i had a look but without tax and shipping the board alone converts to £43 thats a little to high for my liking

lgt

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:14 pm

I have one! :D

I'm not a novice when it comes to soldering, but my heart sank when I opened the package and saw all the tiny little surface mount thingies... :shock: With my not-so-good-as-it-was eyesight and fairly fat fingers I'd find it very difficult to complete this successfully, so I'm going to get a made-up one and spend the time saved on programming it instead.

The kit cost me £36 (£30 plus VAT). I'm willing to let it go for £25 + postage, if you're interested..

silverfox0786

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:30 pm

yes i will have it please can you tell me postage cost to uk mainland it should be standard parcel and iwill pay by means which suits you

paypal is good for me

please pm me details thanks

silverfox0786

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:53 am

purchased one from lgt

thanks buddy cant wait to get it

silverfox0786

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:44 pm

Board Received this morning

Very pleased cant wait to get stuck in with it

thanks alot

malakai

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:46 pm

I am glad you got one guess we'll hear from you in about 2 hours :D Putting a Gertboard together is something I think everyone should do at least once in their lifetime :idea:
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

silverfox0786

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:56 pm

malakai wrote:I am glad you got one guess we'll hear from you in about 2 hours :D Putting a Gertboard together is something I think everyone should do at least once in their lifetime :idea:
im very glad too and although i own a version 2 i really wanted to have one that i soldered myself

its just that satidfaction of doing it yourself and seeing it functioning that gives a person that BUZZ

i wont be doing it today as i have guests but will be doing it in the comming days and yes i think 2 hours is a good call should take about that much time

maybe 1 more hour for me as i like to solder real slowly and make a good job of it

i seen you tube videos of people solder real fast and make such good job me i like to take it slow and inspect each and every solder joint 1 at a time

I now considering getting Gordons Ladder PCB too

Return to “Wanted”