hobbitron

need Raspbian build w/ auto-video play & SSH enabled-- bounty offered!

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:10 am

I can't figure out setting up a pi to auto-run/auto-loop a video from the desktop when powered on. Got it looping video with vlc but the loop isnt seamless. Thinking the player should be omxplayer instead of vlc? also would like to have the pi SSH enabled.

Happy to paypal $20 if someone can take the basic raspbian build and make an image file of it (using a dummy video on the desktop). appreciate it.

rpdom

Re: need Raspbian build w/ auto-video play & SSH enabled-- bounty offered!

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:10 pm

omxplayer doesn't require the desktop, so I'd use Raspbian Lite for that. I'd then set it up to run on startup via crontab or rc.local or systemd service with the -loop option.

I could probably create an image file based on the current Stretch Lite that will do the job, including enabling ssh and sorting out a few other configuration settings.

Justin49

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:13 pm

i am interested.
Skype me: cisin.justin
Email me: [email protected]

jgreen71

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:51 pm

Check out Adafruit's video looper tutorial at https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi ... r/overview. Does this do what you need?

DarkPlatinum

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Here is what you could do, make a script that opens vlc or omxplayer on the specific video, then add the script to the start up section (i think rc.local?)
1 * Raspberry Pi Zero W, 1 * Raspberry Pi 2, 1 * Raspberry Pi 3 1 * Raspberry Pi 3B + :mrgreen:

Check Out My Raspberry Site (Run on a Raspberry Pi 3B :) ): Https://Html.dynu.net

hobbitron

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:53 am

jgreen71 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:51 pm
Check out Adafruit's video looper tutorial at https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi ... r/overview. Does this do what you need?
Ahhh, this worked perfect. I don't know how I missed this tutorial while I was looking for guides on how to do this. Either way, PM me your email address and I can paypal you. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!

jgreen71

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:05 pm

hobbitron wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:53 am

Ahhh, this worked perfect. I don't know how I missed this tutorial while I was looking for guides on how to do this.
Glad it worked for you. Happy to have helped.

Return to “Wanted”