Obamastepson

Need assistance learning to program

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:50 pm

I have a project and idea of excatly what I want idk if possible to do but can I talk to a professional programmer, I want to learn how to do & if possible
$$
Best way to contact
Twitter: crillicD
Email: Hilmary420@gmail.com
I'll try to google some steps on how I can start

W. H. Heydt

Re: Need assistance learning to program

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:54 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Actually...the best way to get a contact is to follow this thread and see who responds, and how.

$$$? Contract programming rates are upwards of $100/hour. Are you sure you want to spend that kind of money for instruction? You don't say where you are (it can be added to the tag information on your posts--and it helps a lot when people are giving advice). There is a ton of instructional material on this site and a myriad of other sites. Plus there are organizations like Coder Dojo and Code Club that, while targeted to kids, probably wouldn't object too much to a adult who was willing to help out in exchange for learning. At least where I live (California) there are adult education classes and junior college courses that teach programming. Many colleges permit--to varying degrees of being official--auditing courses as well. Not to mention entire libraries of books on programming. For an introduction to any given aspect of computers, you can start with O'Reilly & Assoc. books. They are not always the best on the subject, but they're always good and a good start.

For your specific--but unspecified--project, if you post what you want to do, people here may give you pointers, tell you how feasible (or unfeasible) it is, suggest possible software that does part or all of it and already exists, and/or ways to work around any parts of the project that are difficult to impossible.

Return to “Wanted”