gwatt

Looking for a programmer for a project. $$$$.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi. I have a project in which ive been told that raspberry PI would be the best shot to work with. I need a programmer to work my project. I will pay you for parts and labor. Please contact me geraldwatts@reagan.com if interested.

B.Goode

Re: Looking for a programmer for a project. $$$$.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:33 pm

If you look back through similar posts in this sub-forum you might pick up that there are some common responses you will get that you might want to pre-empt...

Where are you based? Will travel to meet you be required?

What license arrangements to you envisage for the work done on your behalf? Can it be Open-Sourced?

Roughly what is the extent of the commitment you seek? A couple of hours? A couple of months? A couple of years?

These factors might help suitably qualified people to decide whether to express an interest.

PhilWebb

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:12 am

I have used Freelancer.com to hire programmers to create a application to run on the Pi.
Freelancer.com allows you to post a desired project with description and requirements for the Software. You can specify programmers that are rated high in python, RPI etc,. They receive feedback in a style similar to ebay to make sure that you are able to get someone that has some transactions under their belt, as it were.
You can have a NDAor Non-Disclosure Agreement to protect your idea and also you put up the money in an account there and release portions of it as the work is done. This is entirely up to you and the programmer to decide how much and when etc,..
I would suggest getting someone that is on or near your time zone if constant communication is desired. You can have them update you daily or as often as you feel comfortable. I would suggest paying a little extra to the Freelancer team for the first time or two to get them to help you find a person that has experience in writing the type of application that you are looking for. They will only pick programmers that have a tested track record and have proven themselves. Give it a try and you will have programmers BIDDING on your project in no time.

inlandchris

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:19 am

All: distance is not a factor in todays world. I personally worked on a C++ project (250,000 lines) 8,000 miles away without meeting. If you are a competent programmer, you dont need personal meetings; skype, LINE, Ciso, Dropbox, email all do fine. For hardware, UPS/FedEx all do fine but a little expensive but quick. :D

Return to “Wanted”