Mr.MarioBranco

We need translators like you !

Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi Raspberry Pi Communit !!!

Now you can translate the Raspberry Pi Official Youtube Channel to your native language !

How can i do that ?
1. Go to the the Raspberry Pi Channel page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFIjVW ... TXHDJ7vgng
2. Go to the video that you want to contribute translations or transcriptions to. Note that not all videos support community contributions.
3. In the player, select the gear icon
4. From the drop-down menu, select Subtitles/CC > Add subtitles or CC. You can also get there from under the video player by selecting ...More > Add translations.

Learn why your translations are important for the community: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DaDeB1Pv6o
Learn more here if still don't know how to do it: https://support.google.com/youtube/answ ... 9080565556
Last edited by Mr.MarioBranco on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

W. H. Heydt

Re: We need translators like you !

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:38 pm

No offense meant, but this looks like you want to use someone else's time--for free--to benefit your own activities. If you want professional grade translation services, you should be prepared to pay professional rates.

Mr.MarioBranco

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:39 pm

W. H. Heydt wrote:No offense meant, but this looks like you want to use someone else's time--for free--to benefit your own activities. If you want professional grade translation services, you should be prepared to pay professional rates.
Did you even take the time to read the post ?
No. Read and when you know what i write came back to this thread.
This is a call for all volunteer to translate videos on the Raspberry Pi Official Youtube Channel.

W. H. Heydt

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:31 am

Mr.MarioBranco wrote:
W. H. Heydt wrote:No offense meant, but this looks like you want to use someone else's time--for free--to benefit your own activities. If you want professional grade translation services, you should be prepared to pay professional rates.
No. Read and when you know what i write came back to this thread.
This is a call for all volunteer to translate videos on the Raspberry Pi Official Youtube Channel.
I read the post. I went back and re-read it. There is nothing in it that says "Raspberry Pi Official Youtube Channel". Neither is there anything in the post that links the activity to any sponsorship by the RPF. There isn't even anything in the URL that would indicate a formal connection to the RPF. There is nothing in your ID block associated with posts that connects you to the RPF. There is only your own claim that the translation work you want people to volunteer to do is in any way connected with the RPF.

PeterO

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:22 am

Mr.MarioBranco wrote:
By which of course you mean "Go back and read the post now that I've edited it so no one can see what it originally said". :roll:
PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

jojopi

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 am

PeterO wrote:By which of course you mean "Go back and read the post now that I've edited it so no one can see what it originally said".
It is certainly a mistake to correct a post after it has had a hostile reply. However, unless you are saying that you remember an earlier version that warranted the accusation, I would bet on Heydt always being on the wrong end of the stick. Note that he was still misreading the original post, even three hours after it was edited.

Mário Branco did persuade the official Raspberry Pi YouTube channel to allow contributed caption translations, and is credited as Caption author (Portuguese) for video https://youtube.com/watch?v=PijX8GDco-g.

This seems to me a perfectly innocent call for community participation, wronged by paranoia or worse.

PeterO

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:08 am

jojopi wrote:
PeterO wrote:By which of course you mean "Go back and read the post now that I've edited it so no one can see what it originally said".
It is certainly a mistake to correct a post after it has had a hostile reply.
That was my only point ! It's always best to quote posts to make rewrites obvious.
PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

Mr.MarioBranco

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:34 am

I add the word "official" to my first post.
I was pretty sure that typing this "Now you can translate the youtube channel Raspberry Pi" was enough, but i was wrong.

Let's focus on the important part of all of this thread, the translation.

If any of you need help, just send me a mensage.
I know who to use youtube translation, any question just ask.

I will love to help you

Keep up the good work, love from Portugal

hippy

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:17 pm

jojopi wrote:
It is certainly a mistake to correct a post after it has had a hostile reply. However, unless you are saying that you remember an earlier version that warranted the accusation, I would bet on Heydt always being on the wrong end of the stick. Note that he was still misreading the original post, even three hours after it was edited.
That appears to be unwarranted. I thought what W. H. Heydt had written was reasonable after I had read the initial post and his comment.

This is the best cached result I can find of the original post. I cannot say it is exactly what I read as the cached version may have pre-dated doing that -
Hi Raspberry Pi Communit !!!

Now you can translate the youtube channel Raspberry Pi to your native language and help thousands without getting out of home !

How can i do that ?
Just open one Raspberry Pi video, click on add subtitles and submit them.

Learn more here if still don't know how to do it: https://support.google.com/youtube/answ ... 9080565556
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=uk

Return to “Wanted”