Plex1981

Python codeing for ££

Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi I'm looking for someone to help me wright code for my tennis ball machine, I'm dyslexic and really struggle to follow the coding side of things. So I'm looking for some assistance. I will pay for your services. Anyone interested please let me know thanks.

Davies

Re: Python codeing ££

Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:37 pm

do you have any code already? most on here are happy to guide if you do have code your trying with.
do you have an electrical circuit in mind? will it just be opening closing a relay or such? based on time, ball launches, button press?

B.Goode

Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Davies wrote:do you have any code already? most on here are happy to guide if you do have code your trying with.
do you have an electrical circuit in mind? will it just be opening closing a relay or such? based on time, ball launches, button press?
Perhaps the project described here:
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=175306&p=1118719#p1118625

Davies

Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:22 pm

oh i hadnt seen the other post, thanks for that.
looks like your trying to accomplish a lot, you need to break it down into manageable pieces which you can do and learn from.

first you need to work out what you will use, you could go a number of ways..
immediately id say a web server but that would require internet on both sides and add more complexity..
a better alternative could be to use tkinter for the controls then access through VNC or some remote login, this can be done through wifi.

if your going for a remote login, you need to research vnc server on the pi3 if thats which you have, and for your phone.
once you can establish a remote login then look at building your program.

if your using tkinter, make a small app which you can run on your computer.
at this point it could be worth getting something like JetBrains Pycharm, which is a python environment for writing and running code from(you would need to look into setting up pycharms interpreters (python and your imports) but im sure youll find a youtube video on that)
As well as been a platform to run your code from Pycharm is also like Microsoft word and will point out grammar errors even if you have incorrect indentation and such within your code. i would have had major difficulty had i not found that a few years back when i started learning python.

either way, make a small tkinter app with a slider http://www.python-course.eu/tkinter_sliders.php

once that is running log in with your phone and view the slider.

next look into LED brightness adjustment with PWM, make the circuit and configure the slider to adjust LED brightness, confirm it with your phone.

wire in your mosfet and adjust the PWM accordingly.

then you have an app to control the motors via your phone

if you was to try this and had any issues im sure many on here would be happy to help you out

Plex1981

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I'll let you know where I'm at at the moment. I already have a working tennis ball machine. It has to motors that are controlled manually vir a 50 amp speed control and each one is ran off an 18v battery from a drill. What I want to do is combine with the pi and a Bluetooth module, that I will be able to adjust each motor speed independently from my phone, this will enable me to create topspin or slice depending on what wheel I speed up or slow down. The motors when on will always be running but will hopefully will speed up and down as required. I have no programming experience, and am straggling to follow a lot of the stuff that I'm reading and I'm not really finding what I need on you tube. The ball machine is for a small club that I help out on and we don't have a lot of money and our old machine broke down so at the moment we have the machine that I have made, but it could be better if I could make it controllable from a phone.

PiGraham

Re: Python codeing for ££

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:57 am

Something like this should do the job and be easy to interface to Pi or any microcontroller (e.g. Arduino)

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/sabertooth- ... river.html
• Nominal Voltage: 6 - 30V
• Most versatile, efficient and easy to use dual motor drivers
• 60A continuous, 120A peak per channel
• Can supply two DC brushed motors with up to 60A each

scotty101

Re: Python codeing for ££

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:28 am

How much are you willing to pay?
Electronic and Computer Engineer
Pi Interests: Home Automation, IOT, Python and Tkinter

Return to “Wanted”