Shawnryan

UK-based experience Pi programmer needed

Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi everyone
I am trying find a UK-based experience Pi programmer.

I am working on project that involves the PI being used to upload images from a DLSR Timelapse camera to a website via FTP

I have a proptypes that I put together using Gphoto but really need someone with more expricence to iron out a few problems.
The project has funding, it's not a lot, but probably enough to make it worth your while.

This could be a "spare time" work for a few hours each week for the next couple of months, with progress meetings I can supply the PIs and travel to you if needed, but would like to keep it East Midlands/Nottinghamshire.

If anyone is up for it PM me.

If this isn't the right place, suggestions are welcome
Thanks,
Shawn

pigsfoot

Re: UK-based experience Pi programmer needed

Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:29 pm

I cant help directly but would suggest posting a job on freelancer.co.uk for a phython programmer. You will get lots of replies, just pick the right one for you and test the water. I use freelancer a lot and there are a lot of good developers on there... and several that say there good but unfortunately are not. Great thing with freelancer is you pay into an escrow account so until your happy the developer doesn't get laid

scotty101

Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:28 am

pigsfoot wrote:freelancer.co.uk for a phython programmer
You might want to ask for a python programmer. You'll have more luck that way.
Electronic and Computer Engineer
Pi Interests: Home Automation, IOT, Python and Tkinter

DougieLawson

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:22 pm

Shawnryan wrote: This could be a "spare time" work for a few hours each week for the next couple of months, with progress meetings I can supply the PIs and travel to you if needed, but would like to keep it East Midlands/Nottinghamshire.
I think you are seriously underestimating the rates that are charged in the freelance software industry. You're probably underestimating the time your project will take. And you're not considering that some of us like to use our "spare" time for something that doesn't look like paid work.

I'm out, you probably couldn't afford the fees I'd like to charge you.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

PeterO

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:54 pm

pigsfoot wrote: you pay into an escrow account so until your happy the developer doesn't get laid
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:43 pm

PeterO wrote:
pigsfoot wrote: you pay into an escrow account so until your happy the developer doesn't get laid
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
PeterO
When I picked myself up off the floor, I realised it was a typo. Clearly s/ro/re/ would have been more appropriate. :)
Alex Eames RasPi.TV, RasP.iO

Shawnryan

Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:03 am

Thanks for the sugestions folks.
All sorted now.

Return to “Wanted”