JoeStrout

Where to hire RPi experts?

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:09 pm

I will be looking to hire an experienced Pi developer in the near future for a relatively short-term contract project. I don't see a "Jobs" subforum here. So I have two questions:

1. Is there anywhere on these forums where a post about a job/project opening would be appropriate?

2. What job sites (e.g. UpWork, etc.) might be a good place, considering the rather specialized Raspberry Pi expertise I need?

Thanks,
- Joe
Creator of MiniScript, a new language for learning, teaching, and embedding in other C/C++ or C# applications.
For more info, visit https://miniscript.org

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Where to hire RPi experts?

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:19 pm

This might help

https://www.raspberrypi.org/for-industr ... -partners/

There is a wanted section on here, you could post in that.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Working in the Applications Team.

W. H. Heydt

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:13 pm

JoeStrout wrote:
I will be looking to hire an experienced Pi developer in the near future for a relatively short-term contract project. I don't see a "Jobs" subforum here. So I have two questions:

1. Is there anywhere on these forums where a post about a job/project opening would be appropriate?

2. What job sites (e.g. UpWork, etc.) might be a good place, considering the rather specialized Raspberry Pi expertise I need?
There are two possible kinds of expertise you could be looking for (and you haven't specified which). One is software. For that, you need to state what language or languages they need to proficient with and sufficient familiarity with Linux. That's called "hiring a programmer".

The other is if you need specific knowledge of Pi hardware. There, really the only thing out of the ordinary is using the GPIO and the interfaces it has. Most anyone who has worked with MCUs is likely to have the background you want.

So the first thing you need to do is sit down and decide what skills you're actually looking for. Then you can start looking for people with the skill sets you think you need.

JoeStrout

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:17 pm

Thank you — I know how to write a good job posting; my question was about where to post it.

I don't think I count as an industry partner. But I'll look for that wanted section. Thanks again!
Creator of MiniScript, a new language for learning, teaching, and embedding in other C/C++ or C# applications.

jamesh

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:16 pm

The design partners are available to do work for others, that's what they do.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Working in the Applications Team.

Lbox1

Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:35 pm

Pi enthusiasts can be found al all levels of the IT professions so general IT hiring avenues should provide good access to potential hires.

Perhaps it might be more beneficial to focus on the technologies you want to employ rather than the platform though?

ame

Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:12 am

JoeStrout wrote:

Thanks,
- Joe
How do you know that the end solution will require a Pi?

JoeStrout

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:46 pm

Thanks, all. I have posted the project on freelancers.com, but I have not gotten any good candidates yet. A few of them have some experience with SDL, but not on the Pi; or some experience on the Pi, but only using Qt.

To me the chief difficulty of this project isn't writing the code — I can read the SDL docs and write code to use it myself — it's navigating the thicket of libraries, dependencies, build options, etc. needed to get top performance with it on the Pi. There are unique considerations for the Pi 4, which sometimes cause thorny issues, hoops that must be jumped through to ensure you're getting hardware acceleration, etc.

That's why I'm really hoping to find somebody who has been through all this before... if you or someone you know fits the bill, please consider visiting the project post above or just contacting me directly!
Last edited by JoeStrout on Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zwieblum

Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:07 pm

I don't get what you are looking for: Are you looking for
1) someone to build a magic tool that turns a Pi running an arbitrary OS and your software into a graphic wonder ?
2) someone that builds a OS image that turns a Pi into a graphic wonder so that you can run run your software on it?
Looking for professional help? https://klepp.biz

Return to “Wanted”