APie

Tutor for a 7yo

Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:22 pm

Hello
Where would I search here in England (South East) for a tutor for a 7yo who is keen to learn about Raspberry Pi? I'm not having any luck and hoping to have someone who is able to, in person, teach them. We have some of the basic 'kit' already. The schools in the area though they run computer clubs, say they're too busy to offer one to one tuition!
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

scotty101

Re: Tutor for a 7yo

Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Have a look on the Code Club website to see if there is a local club.

https://codeclub.org/en/

You are unlikely to find one to one tuition unless you are willing to hire a private tutor.
Electronic and Computer Engineer
Pi Interests: Home Automation, IOT, Python and Tkinter

rpdom

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:40 am

Basically what scotty101 said.

I help run a local Code Club (well, usually, but I'm having to take a short break from it due to other commitments). We may not be one on one at the Code Club sessions, but we try and give all the attendees the attention they need.

Heater

Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:23 am

Why are you not having any luck?

When I was that kind of age my father would help build model aircraft and such. Often he did not know where to start either, We had to sit and work it out together. They were great times.

I would imagine you could find some simple Pi projects and tutorials, in MagPi or wherever and work through them together.

We are all different of course. At 7 years old I would not have been brave enough to go to any kind of club meet up by myself and have to deal with lots of people. That came a bit later when I got into electronics and found the local amateur radio club.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

vwillcox

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:40 am

Hi,
You mention the South East - can you make it to Ipswich?

The Ipswich makerspace run Coder Dojo's once a month, but if you ask - you might find that somebody can do a 1-to-2.

What sort of things does the child want to learn? Robots? Electronics? Machine Learning etc?

I am sure somebody there (myself included) would love to help on site.
View my Raspberry Pi stuff: http://talktech.info/talk-tech/raspberry-pi/

Return to “Wanted”