Jayce

Buying Raspberry Pi in the Philippines

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:27 am

The thing is I am from the Philippines with no credit card, only a debit card. Anyone here who could teach me on how and where to buy raspberry products? Answers would be really helpful as I would be needing the Raspberry Pi for my university thesis. I hope you guys answer it. Thank you in advance.

I'm looking for :

- Legit and trusted sites where I could use debit card (such as BDO) or pay via 3rd party program (such as Dragonpay).
- Shops / stores around Manila area (or places near it such as Makati, Q.C. etc.) which sells raspberry products.
- Highly reviewed sellers online where I could meet up and negotiate.

God bless.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Buying Raspberry Pi in the Philippines

Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:01 pm

My only "PC" is an Asus ChromeBit running ChromeOS, cloudcentric at its best !
Rockchip Quad-Core RK3288C SoC as used in ASUS Chromebook C201 & Chromebook Flip C100PA as well as the Tinker SBC

koyut

Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Try joining this facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/raspberry.ph/. It has links to the official distributors and a few local resellers. Once in a while you can get cheap second hand ones too.

yourapiexpert

Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Kuya,

There's three ways to get Pi3 in the Philippines without a credit card:

1) OLX if you prefer meetups
2) http://circuit.rocks in Metro Manila. They send via LBC.
3) Alexan which has branches in SM Megamall and Quiapo if you're in Metro Manila

Regards,

YourAPIExpert.com

sora03

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:49 pm

https://circuit.rocks
trusted. package arrive after a day via LBC, you pay for the shipping.

ADS-B

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:33 am

Kuya Jayce;

I will be coming back to the Philippines hopefully in the next six months, if you (or anyone else) are looking for an RPi still then, I am more then happy to purchase some from Element14 and bring them over with me. The price (currently) would be PHP1865 for the Pi 3B.

Stewart.

PS: I was going to contact you by PM but either you have that disabled or the option is not available to me yet as I'm new and just registered.

Algester

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:45 pm

I can trust RS-online for buying your Pi, though there's one thing I noticed my first pi was made in the UK (14elements) but my second pi says made in Japan (Allied Electronics), so I'm assuming much like the arduino concept the foundation has set up factories world wide for expedited shipping.
both Pis have been purchased from RS-online, but the one from Japan has some red-tape going on as you can't import electronics probably micro-controllers from Japan in the name of "For Science" and "research purposes". I can understand where they are coming from but yeah... either the Japanese Government understands what "weird Japanese" people could do with the Pi or you have something else stranger that is really not safe for work...

Return to “Wanted”