matt the librarian

Help needed at Barnstaple Library

Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:41 am

Hi everyone

We have been running a Jam at Barnstaple Library for about a year now with mixed success. We have up to 12 people come along, mostly school age, but some months far fewer turn up. We want to continue to build on this but unfortunately my colleague from Exeter Library who runs the Jam will not be able to come after the December event.

So, from the new year we are urgently looking for one or more knowledgeable volunteers who could run this with us. It is currently on the second Saturday of each month 10:30-12;30 but that can change to suit volunteers' schedules. We provide an IT suite that has monitors, keyboards, mice etc. We only have one Pi at the moment so people would need to bring their own.

If you could help us with this or know anyone who might be able to, please let me know.

Thanks

psutton

Re: Help needed at Barnstaple Library

Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:32 pm

I will post the link to this post to the Devon & Cornwall Linux user group mailing list and see if anyone can help the

Paul

D Gibbs

Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:53 pm

Just noticed this on DCLUG. I live in Barnstaple and wouldn't mind contributing. What sort of help are you after?

matt the librarian

Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:29 am

Thanks D Gibbs. I sent you a PM.
Any other big-hearted volunteers?
The more the merrier!

matt the librarian

Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi again
We have our Jam at Barnstaple Library this Saturday (13th December) 10:30-12:30. Everyone is welcome. If you're thinking of volunteering please drop in and see what goes on.
Thanks
Matt

rpdom

Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:06 pm

Good luck with your Jam, I hope it goes well :)

I would love to come and help out, apart from a few things.
1) I do volunteer work in our local Library on Saturdays :)
2) I'm the wrong side of the country :(
3) I'm visiting relatives that day (about halfway between home and Barnstaple, but still unable to make it).

I'll be there in spirit (or is that beer?)

Return to “User groups and events”