Sonikblue

Leeds Jam: Call for Contributors

Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:59 pm

In an attempt to make the Leeds Jam a little more organised, I'm looking to get a few talks and/or demonstrations organised for the next few events. To that end, I'd like to put out a call to anyone in the Leeds area who would like to help out with this.

If you've got any interesting projects, or there's a topic you think you could talk on we'd like to hear from you. We don't need incredibly polished presentations, and it's a very informal venue, so if you've got anything you think is interesting then please consider getting in touch. Since we seem to get a reasonable number of people who are just starting out with the Pi, topics aimed at beginners would be especially appreciated.

Also, in a similar vein, if anyone has any hardware (especially monitors) that they'd like to loan us to use at the Jam, that would be great.

Our Jams run on every third Saturday of the month, with the next being on the 20th April. If you'd like to contribute, feel free to post a reply, or send me a message directly.

deanydean

Re: Leeds Jam: Call for Contributors

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:54 pm

I'll bring my pi-controlled car along for people to have a play with. It's a small, cheap, bluetooth RC car that can be controlled by the pi. The car can be scripted or controlled manually using a wireless xbox pad.

I'll bring a couple of monitors along too.

See you on the 20th.

LiamGawtry

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi there, I'm new to pi, and will be picking mine up very soon I'm in the Leeds area and wanting to learn as much before I get it, where abouts in Leeds is the venue and time?. Thanks in advance.

deanydean

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:43 am

It's at the Leeds Hackspace from 12 noon on Saturday 20th April. The website has details of it's whereabouts:

http://leeds.hackspace.org.uk

LiamGawtry

Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:43 pm

cheers for that! ill come down, i'm a total newbie but have really got into programming and couldn't really find anything in Leeds!

TerryM

Sun May 12, 2013 9:27 am

I'll be there next Saturday 18th with my collection of SD cards for the Pi. Maybe somebody can show me what to do with ArchLinux.

Return to “User groups and events”